Recommended Vintage Fender Amp Techs

Sub City

Currently have a 1966 Fender Deluxe Reverb with an ongoing problem where the sound is nice and full for about 5 minutes, and then the bottom-end drops out. My local tech has checked the tubes, sockets, wiring, connections, etc. without any improvement. So I am now at the point where I want to send the chassis to a top vintage Fender amp tech in the U.S. to finally get it repaired correctly - any recommendations?

Custom Deluxe

Not just a Fender amp tech, but the only tech I use is Jimmy Somma in NJ. Not only is he an incredible tech., but he's also a musician first who knows how these amps are supposed to sound. He only does what needs to be done and doesn't just part swap. If Jimmy says it needs to be done, then it needs to be done. Can't recommend him highly enough.

dcbc

David Allen.

www.allenamps.com

I've used him twice for my old Fenders. Turnaround time for me in each instance was one week and the results were superb for a reasonable price.

Sub City

Since you are in Florida I'd be contacting Rick Hayes at Vintage Sound.
Rick is no longer working on vintage Fenders:

Sorry we no longer offer any service or repairs on any amps other than Vintage Sound Amps. We do offer a complete rebuild on Deluxe Reverb amps, but we replace the main AB763 board, Bias Board and Filter cap Board. This likely is not what you are looking for, we generally do this to Reissue Deluxe Reverbs.

mattymel

David Allen Amps in KY.
Guy named Skip Simmons in CA is world renowned.

But if I was in FL if find somebody closer. There is always a guy. Just a matter of finding one.

westmike

Gold Supporting Member
Wally Sanders' Guitar Garage in Lubbock, Texas. Wally sure knows his way around those old Fenders.

daacrusher2001

Silver Supporting Member
I'd also go with David Allen...he did some work on my old Princeton. Top notch, good price, quick turnaround.

Trending Topics