Reconing EVs and Celestions

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by stratzrus, May 20, 2008.

1. stratzrus

stratzrus Philadelphia Jazz, Funk, and R&B Supporting Member

I have a couple of EV SRO's that I need to get reconed and a couple of Celestion Sidewinders as well.

Can you recommend a good place to get them reconed either separately or together. I'd prefer a place that's willing to use OEM parts. If they can break them in that would also be a big plus.

Thanks.

2. Greazygeo

Greazygeo Member

I had Weber do a pair of my pre rola GB's with the aged treatment and also a CL80....they turned out pretty good. Not sure if he's still doing recones or not now.

3. cpsdawg

cpsdawg Member

i reconed my evm-12L with a kit from simply speakers i think. it is an aftermarket kit, but i talked to the tech about it and he said they are the same. i had never reconed a speaker, but it was easy and the speaker sounds EXACTLY the same. huge low end etc. i think it was about $60.

chris.

4. FredW

FredW Member

5. stratzrus

stratzrus Philadelphia Jazz, Funk, and R&B Supporting Member

Thanks everybody.

I was leaning toward Orange County because I heard that Weber's health was suffereing and he only was doing recones on vintage Fender speakers. I have a few '60s CTS alnico 10s I want to send him.

I've got four SROs and two were purchased blown so I'd like them to sound close to the good ones I'm currently using with the end goal to have two 4x12s with 2 SROs and 2 Sidewinders in each.

Any additional suggestions or info will be appreciated.