• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Recorded a few things tonight, LOVE the Rebel 20! (review, kind of!)

StratsRule07

My buddy just completed his home studio and I'm being blessed with access to it at all times! Electronics and recording gear are not my forte, but I'll try to describe most of what we used. Sonar 8 Producer, some Tascam board with motorized knobs, Presonus Firestudio, Shure mics, and some other rack gear. I'm sure there is more to it, but he takes care of that end of the process!

Anyway, on to the good stuff. I can't even describe how much I like my Rebel. On the 1 watt setting, master less than a quarter up, gain around 1-2 o'clock, and working the guitar volume provided me with some sweeeet tones. I was using a Strat tuned flat with GHS 11's, and a G&L Legacy tuned standard with 10's (only use this when I need a humbucker). Treble was at 11, middle at noon, and bass about 1. I had the bright switch on, and the tight switch off. Tube mixture was about an eighth of a turn in favor of the EL side.

There was a Blues Junior there, as well as a Sewell Texaplex head. I'm not a Blues Junior fan in the first place, and after recording with this Rebel as well as jamming with a drummer and bass player I may never touch another Blues Junior. The Texaplex head is a KILLER head, but it's also a whole lot more expensive than the Rebel and it is much more of a one trick pony when you aren't using any dirt pedals. I have to admit that I do like the Sewell's clean, but it can't touch the versatility of the Rebel, especially at low levels. It cleans up SO well with the volume knob. Not super sparkly Fender clean, but I like some bite. The Rebel CAN pump out some rockin' cleans, though. I prefer to use the dirt and utililize the volume knob. I'm so pleased with the dirt on this amp that I'm taking the dirt off my board! Just using a tuner, delay, and maybe a wah and vibe. Almost forgot the mention, I was using a Sewell cab with a v30.

I encourage those of you who are in an amp delemma to try out the Rebel. Even with a mediocre cab it sounds amazing, IMO. I'm using a stock Valve JR cab and I love tones. I've owned a Hot Rod Deluxe, Blues Junior, Classic 30, Peavey Bandit, Fender Super Champ, and several other amps in the past few years and I couldn't be more pleased with the Rebel. I play mostly southern rock, blues, country, and classic rock. The only amp I would consider replacing it with would be a Roadking or Lonestar Special (I'll end up with a Lonestar after college, more than likely). I'm 20, a full time student, and currently have no job. I needed an amp well under $1000, and the Rebel and Valve JR cab fit the ticket perfectly, especially with GC's trade in/trade up deal where you get 15% off a purchase. Shame on me, but for the record I DO support local music stores 99% of the time!

Anyone in Kentucky, So Indiana, So Illinois, Northern/Western Tenn looking for a place to record just give me a buzz! OR, if you just want to jam that would be even better! My friend is a Sonar GURU, it is rediculous what he can do with recording software and equipment. Okay, sorry so long... and I'll get you guys some clips this weekend when we get everything situated!

StratsRule07

Hate to be the only one to reply to my post, but thought I would share some more information. Played the head through two Mesa cabs today. The first was a 2x12 with v30's and was closed back. The other was a 1x12 open back with a Mesa Black Shadow (I believe it is Mesa's equivalent to a v30). It SCREAMS through the 1x12, I'm definitley going to be picking one up after I can get the Valve JR cab sold.

monkmiles

Silver Supporting Member
Cool to hear man. Sounds like a great amp. I have one on it's way to me. I'm looking for pushed cleans (clean with some bite) as well. When I played one in GC, I was wowed. I did find if you crank the watts and master knobs and keep the gain knob low you get a clear clean for a 20 watt amp. But I'll have a stronger opinion after mines comes in and I spend time with it.

StratsRule07

monkmiles- You'll definitely enjoy the amp.

BPSUL - I'm located in Henderson KY, little less than 2 hours from you!

Trending Topics