• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Recording and constructing "beats"?

jrm

Hello friends:

I'm trying to learn how to construct and record "beats" on my mac. RIght now I have Pro Tools LE and Garageband. I also have BFD. We've been suing garageband to sketch out songs and want to start building our own beats instead of relying on the apple loops. I guess ideally we could use Pro Tools to work with Midi, but unfortuantely the MBox we have doesn't have a midi input.

So, how would we go about doing this? Do we need to have another program to start building beats? Something like Reason or Ableton? We've got good drum sounds with BFD, we just need to learn how to use them! Anyone have a word of advice or somewhere they could point me? Thanks!

-jon

DownByLaw

Silver Supporting Member
Well, the Garage Band beats are editable, at the bottom of the window. The black bars represent the midi notes, and can be moved, changed for duration, and what sound/note they will trigger based on how high or low they are on the staff/grid. I've only played with this a little bit, but it works well if a bit tedious.

Patrick

Trending Topics