Recording band practice

Zemaitisguitar

Gold Supporting Member
I’m looking for something that I can record band practices in multi-track. I would like be able to send files that have some individuals playing boosted more. I would send an overall mix file and then some individuals want to listen to their parts a little more be able to pull those files.

I was thinking of getting a Zoom R16 that then has vocals go in direct, put mikes on guitar and bass amps, and have 2-3 drums mikes.
Would this work? Anything easily and cheaper? I’ve been using hand held with two directional mikes in it but want to get a little better.
Let me know your thoughts. Thanks!

kiki_90291

I’m looking for something that I can record band practices in multi-track. I would like be able to send files that have some individuals playing boosted more. I would send an overall mix file and then some individuals want to listen to their parts a little more be able to pull those files.

I was thinking of getting a Zoom R16 that then has vocals go in direct, put mikes on guitar and bass amps, and have 2-3 drums mikes.
Would this work? Anything easily and cheaper? I’ve been using hand held with two directional mikes in it but want to get a little better.
Let me know your thoughts. Thanks!
Seems like that would work just fine - I think that's one of the uses the R16 is designed for.

A more expensive option, if you have an iPad, is to get a Behringer XR18 - we have one as the mixer in our practice space and I use it to track everyone using the Cubasis app. You can record up to 16 tracks simultaneously. You can mix in the app or dump it to a computer and do all your mixes on a DAW. The XR18 is a nice mixer, too - so you kill two birds (you may be able to use th R16 the same way).

Trending Topics