Recording interface available for Droid Like Iphone?

Discussion in 'Digital & Modeling Gear' started by Ampegasaur, Jun 26, 2011.

1. Ampegasaur

Ampegasaur Silver Supporting Member

Is there an App, or interface for Droid like there is for Iphone/Itouch? I have seen several companies have made hardware and software for Apple, but nothing for Droid yet? Is there a product I haven't seen yet?

2. Ampegasaur

Ampegasaur Silver Supporting Member

3. Proco

Proco Member

I think the problem here (as some TGPer told me a few weeks ago) is that the Android software is way behing iOS in terms of sound performance, hence the latency would be way too much for any real use.

I'm not 100% sure, but considering there are lots of Android phones out there and any instrument connector and/or recording software, well, it seems to me like a proper answer to that.

4. Will Chen

Will Chen Member

Actually, the Gingerbread update reportedly allows low latency audio processing so we'll likely see some audio apps for the Android as soon as the new update starts to get into the hands of developers (my EVO 4G recently got the update but is among the first phones to get it). There are a couple multitrack recorders on the market currently. Search for J4T Multitrack or FourTracks Lite (Free),

5. nsriley

nsriley Member

I would love it if they started developing things like amplitubes irig for Android.

6. re-animator

re-animator Senior Member

partially true... since gingerbread they can handle audio just fine at the software level... the fact that hardware isn't standardized (i.e. there are many android phone models) means that it's tough for developers to put something together for it.

i think there is a 4track app for android though...

7. Elric

Elric Supporting Member

I was just going to mention this. One of the rare cases where open hardware is a disadvantage, proving the engineering maxim that even a bad standard is better than no standard at all. I really don't see products like this materializing on Android in the near future at all.

8. re-animator

re-animator Senior Member

ice cream sandwich is supposed to be all about unifying the platform so there's always hope.

windows phone 7 is starting to gain some traction and it will probably be a sane middle ground to android's wild west and apple's auschwitz.