Recording My Guitar Lessons?

Discussion in 'Member Video and Sound Clips' started by emjee, Jun 29, 2008.

1. emjee

emjee Member

Hello-
    I am brand new to the world of digital recording. I teach guitar, and I would like to be able to record a lesson (usually about a half hour) and then post it to a website so he can listen to it when he gets home. Is there a website that allows free posting of WAV. files? Or is there a way to email him the file? Every time I try to email anyone a sound file my email program hangs and eventually gives me "Program not responding click "End Now" to end program". ANY help would be very much appreciated!! Thanks!
    Matt

2. steven.rogers

steven.rogers Member

I know you can upload .wav files to www.putfile.com (you have to make an account) off the top of my head. I think it's going to take a while pretty much any way you do it, though, because .wav files are pretty big.

And just as a side note, recording lessons is a great idea. I've been recording my lessons for about two months now and it's really helpful to listen back to them.

3. Ooogie

Ooogie Member

Unless you really need the quality of a wave file it would be much better to convert to MP3 before posting, sending or whatever method you choose. Wave files tend to be huge and compression to a smaller file size is the big advantage of MP3...

Mark