• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Recording the Beatles...

Major Twang

i pre-ordered the book many months ago...

Got an e-mail on Feb 1 stating they had finally received the book and that they were going to ship it a.s.a.p.

I am still waiting for it...

Any of you'se:knitting dudes got yours already...

holyears

I got mine a few years ago...it's so AWESOME!! Met the authors last year, great guys, very thorough in their research, and have a real passion for the subject. Enjoy it once it arrives.

devinb

I've had it since last spring, and given away a couple copies since...a very enjoyable read, although Geoff really favors Paul and seems to have some contempt for George.

For the most part it's less technical recording information than I had hoped for, but lots of anecdotal stories, like about almost electrocuting John while having him sing into a bucket of water that had a phantom powered mic submerged inside a condom in it...

bluesmeanie

I've had it since last spring, and given away a couple copies since...a very enjoyable read, although Geoff really favors Paul and seems to have some contempt for George.

For the most part it's less technical recording information than I had hoped for, but lots of anecdotal stories, like about almost electrocuting John while having him sing into a bucket of water that had a phantom powered mic submerged inside a condom in it...

You're not talking about the same book as the OP. He is talking about "Recording the Beatles" by Ryan and Kehew, you appear to be talking about Geoff Emerick's book (title escapes me at the mo').

OP, I got mine shortly after it first came out. When you get it, you'll love it. Are they still shipping with the extra goodies (postcards, lyric sheet facsimiles, console poster, etc.) or was that only the initial run?

devinb

Ah, sorry, you're right...Geoff's is subtitled My Life Recording the Music of The Beatles, and I think that's where I got confused.

Major Twang

i loved reading Geof's book also...lots of fun...my impression is that Paul is less moody, more cheerful than the others, and, really wanted to get things right...happier go lucky, if you will...

as far as the Recording The Beatles book's package...i have no idea as to what it comes with ...but i have a good feeling towards it...:munch

Thanks Rob!

MichaelK

thanks for the good words folks...

i just need to be patient...

All they said was "it's a great book."

Hey it's your call... but if I had gotten an email Feb. 1 saying they were shipping my order, and by Feb. 18th I hadn't received it, I would definitely contact them again.

If they put you off again it might make sense to ask for a refund, then you can re-order when they actually have copies in stock.

Major Twang

All they said was "it's a great book."

Hey it's your call... but if I had gotten an email Feb. 1 saying they were shipping my order, and by Feb. 18th I hadn't received it, I would definitely contact them again.

If they put you off again it might make sense to ask for a refund, then you can re-order when they actually have copies in stock.

they said that they had just received the books late from China and that the books were being processed and shipped...not to worry...to be patient...

these are automated message by the way...

i find it weird that 52ftbuddha ordered his on feb 2 and got it a week later...while this cowboy has been waiting...they cashed in my Visa order on Nov 5...

i'm asking for a refund...

blacknblues

I finished up "Here There and Everywhere" by Geoff Emerich and while he observed that George had some challenges early on, he considered him musically the 'most improved' of the four by the end of the book. Paul was cited as the hardest working, often staying late at night to nail his parts and he was amazed at Lennon's creativity.

chazguitaz

yeah i'd ask for a refund too!

The book though - it's amazing!! It's the most-read book in the lounge at my recording studio. if I remember correctly Ryan and Kehew spent something like 13 years interviewing people and researching to put it together.

Major Twang

i did send a ``please refund me Visa`` and got the same old automated message ...``be patient, you'll get your book soon``...

i guess customer service is not their forté...:munch

will have to dial Texas and hear what they have to say...

Major Twang

just called the publisher in Texas and got ...a huh...er...an answering machine...

i left a message to cancel and refund me Visa...

i'm a book junkie...even the Dumble Book got here in a relatively good time...shipped from Luxembourg...

too bad!:munch

lang.murphy

I ordered a copy for my dad... ordered it back in Nov. Was getting ready to cancel when I got a form email telling me the book was in inventory and would start shipping then got an email telling me to book had shipped and it should be delivered today.

Fingers crossed!

nsureit

Old Guy...but not too old
Gold Supporting Member
I ordered it from the publisher two weeks ago, and received it four days later. However, I live only 240 miles away from the publisher (they're in Houston, I'm in Dallas).

Trending Topics

Top Bottom