Recording time on Korg D888

Discussion in 'Recording/Live Sound' started by Headlow, Feb 28, 2008.

1. Headlow

Headlow Member

Hello there!

My band recently bought a D888 for recording rehearsals. Last night was the first attempt at using the machine with the full band. There were 4 mics on the drums, two on guitar, and both the bass and vocal were DI'd.

We ran into a problem in that after about 10 minutes of recording we got a 'disk is busy' message. I had read about bands successfully recording up to 45 minutes without a problem.

Is there anything we can do to lengthen how long we can record, without having to create a new song after each tune?
    I have read about the lengthy waiting times, and how that could be rectified by starting a new song after each break in the rehearsal.

2. teleking36

teleking36 Member

I have a D888, and I typically try to do it song by song. I know it's a pain in the ass, but it also makes it easier to have the songs split up, and each song can have its own mix. I've actually been able to put together a few solid demos with the D888. While it has its vices, it's still a great little console.

3. planetal

planetal Member

The korg forum might be the most helpful place for this.. I have a D3200 and have gotten a decent amount of good information here

http://www.studiotrax.net/forums/

There is a korg specific section and a D888 specific section.. You shouldn't be getting "disk is busy" messages, especially with a new machine.