• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.
  • On Thursday, January 20, 2022, starting at 7 pm EST, We will take the forum offline to do the necessary upgrades. Estimates are a possible 3-hour total downtime to complete the process. So mark your calendar to play your guitar.

Rec's needed-blues in the style of RL Burnside

kush06

Hi TGP folks! I've recently rediscovered RL Burnside and was hoping to get some recommendations on other artists & bands with a similar style. Y'know...fast paced, grinding, butt-shakin roadhouse style blues like his Mr Wizard album. Thanks in advance!

kush06

Thanks everyone! Some great suggestions here, I really appreciate it. T-Model Ford was exactly what I was looking for, and I didn't realize Cedric had so much music out there. Great stuff as always TGP! :banana

9fingers

Silver Supporting Member
Google the Fat Possum (label) stable of artists. There are a whole bunch out the with the North Mississippi Hill Country style of blues. My fav is Robert Belfour, a label and old touring mate of Burnside. Kenny Brown was RL's 2nd guitarist for years & has some cool recordings out. Junior Kimbrough was maybe the main master of the North Mississippi drone blues.
This is all some real deal stuff! The North Mississippi All Stars grew up with this stuff.
Get the DVD You See Me Laughin' for RL in person & lots more.
Enjoy the journey!

rhinocaster

Gold Supporting Member
If you dig this music, you'll likely really enjoy this documentary.....here's the beginning. :)

Trending Topics

Top Bottom