Red Fang in AC30CC

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by ed_dale007, Jul 7, 2008.

1. ed_dale007

ed_dale007 Member

So I personally can't justify spending 300 hundred dollars on a alnico blue speaker up here in canada. But, my local L + M has a good deal on some red fangs and from what I have read they sound great in an AC30. Anybody doing this? The price just seems insane for the celestions. I already get tons of compliments about my tone with the warf's but I think the red fangs will help out even more. Any help would be appreciated.

2. guitarman_nebr

guitarman_nebr Supporting Member

i switched to the red fangs in my AC30CC2 and never looked back. it is the speaker these amps scream for!!

the pronounced low mids are super, and the high end is more sparkle than bite.

the Celestion is a great speaker, but the Red Fang is the best choice IMHO.

another AC30 owner i know uses one Red Fang and one Private Jack. this is the combination in my 2x12 extension cab. this combo really kicks ass. the Private Jack adds the low end punch that puts my on-stage tone over the top for outdoor gigs.

3. studiodunn

studiodunn Member

they sound great. I like them better than any of the weber alinicos and the blue that I've tried. They aren't as sweet sounding as the gold but for the money i like em lots..

4. Cottage

Cottage Member

I had a pair o' Fangs in An AC 30 TB and, while they sounded much better than the stock Greenbacks, when I heard the real deal, there was no comparison. Save up yer dough and buy a blue!

5. Gretschman

Gretschman Member

Ive used them before , and they just don't cut it for me .

Nice speaker and good tone , but , they don't even come close to
    Celestion Blues . Blues and AC-30's are just so Fine together .

To bad , cause I had hoped the Red Fangs would work .

6. plato67

plato67 Member

I use 2 50 watt Weber Blue Alnico's in mine. I love them. I had a TBX with Celestion Blues, but much prefer this set up as I get more clean headroom. Is it the amp or the speaker? I don't know...

7. zzmoore

zzmoore Member

We have an AC30CCH. We fluctuate between two 50 watt ceramic Blue Dogs, or one Blue Dog and one Red Fang. It comes down to personal preference as to which combo is better. It is nice to have two different mic options though.
    Good Luck

8. ed_dale007

ed_dale007 Member

So I picked up a red fang today. I can't wait to get home and install it....