Red Iron amps

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by OminousPoultry, Jan 22, 2012.

1. OminousPoultry

OminousPoultry Member

Whatever happened to them? Paul's amps got a lot of attention in 2009 - maybe after a TGP shootout or something like this - but since then they haven't been mentioned much at all. Hope all's well with the company....

2. alberob

alberob Member

Hard times for Boutique builders. Paul was at the amp show last year. I own 2 of his Bronx amps and an early prototype.Hard to beat for a no nonsense great sounding amps. He is a member here and can be reached on the web. He is a pleasure to deal with.He will still build you any amp model in his arsenal.

3. Tim Plains

Tim Plains Member

I got a Lil Mo a few months ago. Fantastic little amp!

4. OminousPoultry

OminousPoultry Member

I have a T-Rex - maybe one of the few outside of the US. Fantastic amp, he built it to my own specs - and Paul was a diamond to deal with.

I'm just wondering why the likes of CA, Blankenship, Bludo etc etc keep getting mentions but RI seems to have gone underground a little. Tough times indeed.

5. zenitB

zenitB Supporting Member

Paul builds a great amp and I agree, most folks are unaware of him and his work.

6. VacuumVoodoo

VacuumVoodoo Member

Paul is one of the coolest guys. Met him at NY AmpShow 2010 and instantly became friends, again in 2011. In 2011 he came down to my demo room and said he brought me a gift. What? What is it? I opened the small anvelope - it's an old iron nail. WTF? Should I use it for my coffin? What gives? Ok, there's a piece paper in the envelope. A cerificate of authenticity. It's a genuine nail from Thomas Alva Edisons house! How cool is that, ha?

alberob likes this.
  7. Sam Evans

Sam Evans Compliance Officer Gold Supporting Member

Paul is still making great amps.

8. Rod

Rod Tone is Paramount Silver Supporting Member

Great amps!

9. cleansed leper

cleansed leper Member

Thanks for the good words. I'm still here guys. Been working the other side of the pond a bit: Gearslutz. The Buffer is getting a lot of attention what with all the home recording and preamp emulation going on. We're thinking of going to Frankfurt Musicmesse and environs. Love you guys.

10. OminousPoultry

OminousPoultry Member

I love the amp you built for me a couple of years ago and suddenly wondered why you hadn't had a mention for a while. Let me know if you're going to Frankfurt. What's the Buffer - can you explain the principles of what it does?