Red Iron T Rex...

indravayu

The amp probably doesn't need it at high volumes, but I am wondering how the T-Rex will work with an overdrive pedal at lower volumes? I bought a Tim OD a few weeks ago and am questioning whether I will still need it (since I am planning on the T-Rex being my main amp).

- Chris

cr8z4life

Gold Supporting Member
These are interesting amps......once you hit a certain point on the volume knob the volume doesnt increase.....the gain does. Its as if the volume knob is a gain knob. But to answer your question I just put the volume down to a low level and tried it both with my OCD and my BB and it sounds great! Its as if there wasnt a pedal in front, more like what the amp sounds like turned up! Not sure about the pedal you have but these worked.......I even goosed the OCD with an AC booster and it took it great! Once you get up on the gain on the amp I think the amp isnt as excepting of pedals unless you are down on the drive on the pedal, but as you said you dont need it anyway.....

indravayu

These are interesting amps......once you hit a certain point on the volume knob the volume doesnt increase.....the gain does. Its as if the volume knob is a gain knob. But to answer your question I just put the volume down to a low level and tried it both with my OCD and my BB and it sounds great! Its as if there wasnt a pedal in front, more like what the amp sounds like turned up! Not sure about the pedal you have but these worked.......I even goosed the OCD with an AC booster and it took it great! Once you get up on the gain on the amp I think the amp isnt as excepting of pedals unless you are down on the drive on the pedal, but as you said you dont need it anyway.....
Good to hear...thanks for the info!

- Chris

indravayu

Well, my T-Rex is here and it's beautiful! Can't turn it up beyond a mosquito buzz, though, because my roommates are home - argggg!

- Chris

fusionbear

exquirentibus veritatem
Platinum Supporting Member
So who's still happy with their T-Rex. I'm loving mine since I put a Blackbird in a PCW OS1x12. It is still pretty loud, but definitely more manageable than my Express clone.

glman

In case anyone is interested I ended up with two extra NOS RCA Blackplate 6SL7GT's and one NOS Tungsol 6SN7GT.
I would like to get $35 each.. shipping included.

I hope this isn't considered spam...:)
are you using the RCA 6SL7 or the RCA 5691's in your amp?

Trending Topics