Red Llama Smalls

Destroyer

Last edited:

openbar

Silver Supporting Member
Not even on the Dunlop site, could this be another “accidental” leak?

Daytona57

Great! I will finally have a Camel Toe (pedal ;-) combined with my Mk V Green Rhino! ( When they hit Europe that is! )

I have a Red Llama 25th, Green Rhino MKII and Red Llama MKII, in this order on my board. The RL in any model, is so essential, for boost, hair, tweed and light fuzz. It is capable of the Bluesbreaker tone when stacked into.

The Camel Toe set up, is super flexible for low, mid and higher gain, touch, volume and picking dynamics that is very articulate in a band environment. The Green Rhino MKII, has a mids control that is very useful.

You can't go wrong having a Red Llama on your board.

dronerstone

I’m in the same boat. I don’t need it at all, but I’ve wanted one for so long, guess I’ll just have to.
It might depend on how close playing the Helix model "feels", though. But since it's not absurdly expensive, I might have to give it a try. ;)

tinkercity

Silver Supporting Member
Nice! Hopefully these will be good. Not much in the component aspect, so hopefully it's full size parts and sounds big like the OG's and unlike (IMHO) like the rest of the smalls line. Should at least be better than the Anniversary and Camel Toe MKII versions.

tonedover

This Is Fine.
Gold Supporting Member
Stumbled onto a reverb listing for the new Way Huge Red Llama Smalls. Haven’t seen this anywhere else yet. I was wondering when this would come out in a Smalls format. Only has volume and drive knobs like the older ones. Always been interested in this one. Who likes the red llama sound?
https://reverb.com/item/56874261-wa...are&utm_campaign=listing&utm_content=56874261
hey - im a huge fan of the red llama circuit. ive owned at least 4 iterartions of it and have been really surprised at the lack of a smalls run prior to now. great boost pedal, with the added "feature" that it makes a nice tweed tone w the drive up!

i have ordered one from the link you shared. (in fact i offered $10 off and the program accepted) so hopefully "gearnuts" actually has these in stock. :)

i rarely buy brand new gear. esp pedals, let alone before a review has dropped, but for ol' Jorge and his llama, ill bite

mikey69

the Llama arrived late this morning, in less than 24 hours from order click from sweetwater, dudes are fast ! Made in Tiawan for anyone that might be wondering. Sounds every bit as good as I remember my mkii did ..that was along time ago however ...wish it was a little less cash (yes I am cheap) is my only complaint but it sounds great and lives up the name ..the smalls is much better than the anniversary model in my opinion, which I thought sounded horrible and returned (I always wondered if I had a defective unit) but anyways this is a cool pedal and nice to see the Llama back on the scene

Gasman2021

hey - im a huge fan of the red llama circuit. ive owned at least 4 iterartions of it and have been really surprised at the lack of a smalls run prior to now. great boost pedal, with the added "feature" that it makes a nice tweed tone w the drive up!

i have ordered one from the link you shared. (in fact i offered $10 off and the program accepted) so hopefully "gearnuts" actually has these in stock. :)

i rarely buy brand new gear. esp pedals, let alone before a review has dropped, but for ol' Jorge and his llama, ill bite
Gearnuts is just Sweetwater without the Sales Enjineer and the candy.

Instead they personally tea bag each pedal by hand each summer, which is why it’s called geardeeznuts.

jamester

Gold Supporting Member
I've seen people say the Llama is a great dirty boost...does that mean it is fairly full frequency/neutral toned, with the ability to add some drive?

Would it work well for boosting my Green Rhino Mk.V as well as my amp's clean channel..?

Trending Topics

Top Bottom