Red Panda new pedal?

DisasterArea

Owner, Disaster Area Designs and Alexander Pedals
Does this work?

giphy.gif

No, it's more like

jAucQ2.gif

kspicknell

If the below was spoken recently, even the same day it was posted (seen on IG stories on June 3, 2022), it leads me to wonder if maybe it’s a little early for me to be “reading the tea leaves”. Red Panda doesn’t rush; it seems established that they will do what it takes—including however many iterations and explorations are necessary—for as long as it takes, before something like a product unveiling or release of a new firmware upgrade is deemed ready.
334A2A7A-3ACA-4B1E-883A-4F0FE31FB6A9.jpeg

I’m a big fan of Curt Malouin and his small team. Red Panda is one of those that comes out of left field: Curt does not consider himself a musician, but he has some cool synths. He grew up listening to (and being influenced by) The Electrifying Mojo’s diverse radio playlists, in the golden era of Detroit Techno. Besides namechecking techno giants like Derrick May, Curt has also repeatedly professed an appreciation of what could loosely be defined as jazz rock/fusion. I feel like I can relate to a lot of that, in my own ways. Oh, and Curt also often references the Digitech Space Station and Alesis Midiverb. Okay, so much for clues. It’ll be fun to see what’s next, regardless of what or when (or whether I’m able to try or acquire it). My Particle V2, and even much more so my Tensor (the stereo capable “version”), are some of my most fun, useful, and beloved music gear.

Last edited:

cosmicevan

If the below was spoken recently, even the same day it was posted (seen on IG stories on June 3, 2022), it leads me to wonder if maybe it’s a little early for me to be “reading the tea leaves”. Red Panda doesn’t rush; it seems established that they will do what it takes—including however many iterations and explorations are necessary—for as long as it takes, before something like a product unveiling or release of a new firmware upgrade is deemed ready.
View attachment 617941
I’m a big fan of Curt Malouin and his small team. Red Panda is one of those that comes out of left field: Curt does not consider himself a musician, but he has some cool synths. He grew up listening to (and being influenced by) The Electrifying Mojo, in the golden era of Detroit Techno. Besides name checking techno giants like Derrick May, Curt has also repeatedly professed an appreciation of what could loosely be defined as jazz rock/fusion. I feel like I can relate to a lot of that, in my own ways. Oh, and Curt also often references the Digitech Space Station and Alesis Midiverb. Okay, so much for clues. It’ll be fun to see what’s next, regardless of what or when (or whether I’m able to try or acquire it). My Particle V2, and even much more so my Tensor (the stereo capable “version”), are some of my most fun, useful, and beloved music gear.
See I read that as "smoked a little pot and played with the RPL-109 and it's fun as hell."

This is sort of my plan once released.

whateverdude

Silver Supporting Member
View attachment 617941
I’m a big fan of Curt Malouin and his small team. Red Panda is one of those that comes out of left field: Curt does not consider himself a musician, but he has some cool synths. He grew up listening to (and being influenced by) The Electrifying Mojo’s diverse radio playlists, in the golden era of Detroit Techno. Besides namechecking techno giants like Derrick May, Curt has also repeatedly professed an appreciation of what could loosely be defined as jazz rock/fusion. I feel like I can relate to a lot of that, in my own ways. Oh, and Curt also often references the Digitech Space Station and Alesis Midiverb. Okay, so much for clues. It’ll be fun to see what’s next, regardless of what or when (or whether I’m able to try or acquire it). My Particle V2, and even much more so my Tensor (the stereo capable “version”), are some of my most fun, useful, and beloved music gear.
The Electrifying Mojo, that’s a blast from the past…growing up in the 80’s in Metro Detroit, you couldn’t escape it if you tried.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom