Red Plate Tweedy Verb

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by otisray, Sep 22, 2008.

1. otisray

otisray Member

First of all, I do not work for Red Plate amps. I recently bought one, and am extremely happy with it. It is one amazing little amp, versatile with awesome tone!! Check it out and let me know what you think...

http://www.redplateamps.com/TweedyVerb.html

2. jojogun1957

jojogun1957 Member

HI Otisray,thanks for the heads up on Red Plate amps.I noticed on his website that he can use a donner amp and upgrade it.Do you think he could get those kind of tones out of say a bandmaster reverb circa 1970?thanks again

3. otisray

otisray Member

You will have to contact him about that. He is really knowledgeable, and a super cool guy!! These are great Blues/Rock amps!! So far, I am having a great time with mine. Went to a jam today, and for being such a small amp, it put out a wall of sound!!

4. jbever

jbever Member

Otis,
    Hmmm ... that's a slick sounding amp. I'm in Anchorage. How did you hear about them and tell us more about what your amp is? Where are they located?

Seems like they come in all flavors? I'll buy the beer if you bring your amp over for an ampfest afternoon! I'm very interested in one of these. I've got a couple of good ones that you might like to try also!

Those amps really sound good.
    Jerry

5. kgp1

kgp1 Member

The owner of Redplate amps is great to work with. I have an amp on order.

6. tamlin

tamlin Member

I have a Red Plate Tweedy Verb and it's just an incredible amp. I know he's introduced several new models since I got my tweedy, and now he'll even make them in black! When I got mine his line was, "You can have it any color you want, as long as it's red". Henry must have bowed to customer pressure on that. Anyway, it's the best amp I've ever heard, and very flexible even with relatively simple controls. Tone for days. Henry is indeed great to work with.