• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Red Snapper, Blue Collar or Fulldrive --

Last Nerve

Shop Smart. Shop S-Mart.
Gold Supporting Member
If you could only choose one, which one would it be and why?

I'm playing both single coils and humbuckers. Blues and rock.

It will compliment a KOTv.4, Screw Driver and Sunface.

Just looking for people's opinions/experiences.:BEER

madscientist

I've had experiences with the Red Snapper and the Fulldrive II Mosfet.
I found the Fulldrive to be extremely finicky which made it difficult for me to find a useable sound. The tone control either made it too dark and muddy or way too bright and piercing. In the end, I used it most for goosing my OCD while in compcut mode. I traded it for another pedal.
The red snapper is a very bright pedal, to the point where it gets limited use. I find the od to be underwhelming and too grainy for my taste. It is not nearly as compressed as the fulldrive, which may or may not be a good thing, depending on your rig. It is an open sounding pedal, but you'll have to work to tame it. I still have it, but I'm thinking of letting it go.

JUSTJOB

The Fulldrive cause of it's sheer versatility, it covers a lot of sonic ground, boost, low gain, liquid type gain, cuts through well, good tonal controll, and ability to work well with single coils or humbuckers as well as a large variety of amps. The other two you mentioned are fine as well, but if I could only have one of those three the Fulldrive can cop the approximations of the other two well enough for me giving it the clear edge in versatility.

d-b

The Fulldrive cause of it's sheer versatility, it covers a lot of sonic ground, boost, low gain, liquid type gain, cuts through well, good tonal controll, and ability to work well with single coils or humbuckers as well as a large variety of amps.
+10

Last Nerve

Shop Smart. Shop S-Mart.
Gold Supporting Member
Gotcha guys, but don't forget about what else I'll have. :)
I'd like to know if anyone thought one of the pedals mentioned sounded way better than any of the others.

Troy T. Blues

Comstock Station
The red snapper is a very bright pedal, to the point where it gets limited use. I find the od to be underwhelming and too grainy for my taste. It is not nearly as compressed as the fulldrive, which may or may not be a good thing, depending on your rig. It is an open sounding pedal, but you'll have to work to tame it. I still have it, but I'm thinking of letting it go.
Which version Red Snapper are you speaking of?

The FD2 does cover alot of territory and is extremely versatile. IMO, the FD2 with the boost on can getin the ballpark of the Blue Collar. The Red Snapper & FD2 are two totally different animals. The Snapper is open, has less gain and is very amp-like. I think both do well with single coils & humbuckers.

utterhack

Blue Collar.

KOT's already got you more than covered for the light stuff you'd use the RS for, and the FDII is the booteek definition of meh. BC will add a different flavor of crunch.

vintage66

I agree about the Blue Collar being a boost and an FDII, sortof. It's very much like the Direct Drive into the FDII in compcut mode. I really like the Blue Collar a lot-singles and humbuckers. The FDII is versitile-I like the compcut mode best though. The other two are similar to a tubescreamer, but not exact.

lukeII

I'd go for the Red Snapper most open sounding of the 3

- Red Snapper is the most open least compressed of the 3, nomid hump
- Blue Collar, more mids, more gain than RS but also IMHO a dryer feel than the RS
- FDII more mids more compression than the other 2, closest to a TS of the 3

RickB

Is the Silver Kiss gone? How does the KoT v4 sound with the single coils for you? Have you played the FD-2 before? I agree about the "meh". I think something like the Mojo Drive is a better option than that for a bit less money. Otherwise, I would say the Snapper.

Trending Topics