Red Witch Pedals?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Barnzy, Aug 9, 2016.

1. Barnzy

Barnzy Member

Got an email offering a Buy one online, get the next one at %60 off for the second pedal. I looked at the pedals and they seem great but I have never heard or played one in person. Can anyone give me some impressions of the Red Witch pedals...what you own, what you like or what is their standouts in their product line?

2. BmoreTele

BmoreTele Supporting Member

Moon Phaser is great.

Violetta is on my get soon list.

Barnzy and adolan like this.
  3. Jess 1971

Jess 1971 Supporting Member

Yeah, I've had a Deluxe Moon Phaser for about 12 years now. Great pedals, well-built stuff.

Barnzy and adolan like this.
  4. sanfi4u

sanfi4u Silver Supporting Member

It depends on what particular pedals you have in mind. They have a line of cheaper pedals called Seven Sisters. IMO nothing special unless you really need a small pedal with rechargeable battery. I have Ivy Distortion and going to flip it.
    Red Witch makes more expensive, bigger box pedals. They are well built and many people say they are quite good. Chorus in particular. Never had a chance to try them myself.

Barnzy likes this.
  5. adolan

adolan Member

That moon phasor is very nice, had it but had to return it to the seller due to it malfunctioning (not the fault of the pedal)

Barnzy likes this.
  6. Igotsoul4u

Igotsoul4u Member

I have the empress chorus. It was one of my favorite pedals, but an overzealous singer stomped on it with her high heel and it hasn't worked right since. The problem is that he is in New Zealand so getting something repaired could not be more of a pain in the ass. It's been 5 years and I still haven't been able to bring myself to ship it across the world.

Barnzy likes this.
  7. jquanmusic

jquanmusic Member

I really liked the Titan delay while I had it. It was to difficult to dial in live so I flipped it, but the pedal sounded fantastic.

Barnzy likes this.
  8. jackson_fan

jackson_fan Member

It's hardly third world, I wouldn't stress too much about shipping here. In fact most of us rely on getting gear from the US and the cheapest shipping options are normally with us in 3 or 4 days at the most. Just get it done and get your fave back!

Barnzy likes this.
  9. grimlyflick

grimlyflick Member

I have the Grace compressor which I love, great pedal.
    Although I have stocked up on replacement lithium cells just in case.
    :aok

Barnzy likes this.
  10. Squatch57

Squatch57 Member

I have the Pentavocal Trem and the FuzzGod II. I like 'em
    The Pentavocal Trem is a great sounding unit. The Bottom control gives it more variety of tremolo string balance
    The FuzzGod II is more for experimental fuzz but has a good straight ahead fuzz too. Good for stutter and Velcro when you get used to it

Barnzy likes this.
  11. Vhailor

Vhailor Supporting Member

I have the Red Witch Fuzz God II and it's a pretty good pedal.

But the problem with it, and it seems that this is not the only Red Witch pedal with this specific problem, is that the controls are labeled with "creative" names. If you're like me - and heaven help you if you are - you'll find it's a real nuisance, and you'll need to either use tape to put useful labels on the knobs, or keep a written key to the knobs actual functions handy.

Ugh.

Barnzy likes this.
  12. PerFusionist

PerFusionist Supporting Member

The Pentavocal is my favorite tremolo out of probably a dozen or more that I've tried. Lush, deep, hypnotic.

chandra, Squatch57 and Barnzy like this.
  13. jkg

jkg Supporting Member

Have had the deluxe Moon Phaser for some time now, maybe 5 years. very vibey. nice pedal.

Barnzy likes this.
  14. mamm7215

mamm7215 Member

I have the Empress chorus, Grace comp and Eve tremolo. Trying to love the empress. Sometimes I do, sometimes not. Sounds better with single coils to me, could be my amp. I don't run in stereo either. Grace is a nice, simple compressor. Eve tremolo effect is VERY subtle. Hard to hear even. I would love to trade up to a moon phaser. I will likely sell my Eve, although sometimes when I have it on it gives a very nice slight movement to the sound, almost 3d sounding...

Last edited: Aug 9, 2016
    Barnzy likes this.
  15. tobereleased

tobereleased Member

I'm a fan. I have the violet delay and grace compressor from the seven sisters range and they both work very well for me. My bassist just bought the Zeus (sub octave plus fuzz) and I'm kinda jealous. At some point I'd like to get the fuzz God, and perhaps one of the chorus pedals.

The synthotron was on my radar but I have a boss sy300 now. I'd still somewhat like to get the synthotron though. I enjoyed it when I tried it in store.

Barnzy likes this.
  16. Custom50

Custom50 Member

I had a Fuzz God II. T'was good.

Barnzy likes this.
  17. DCMC Worship

DCMC Worship Member

Currently running the Empress Chorus on my stereo board. Awesome pedal! I use it subtly for my purposes but it can get crazy in a good way. Can't speak for their other pedals but I imagine they're stellar as well.

Definately a reputable company that makes quality pedals.

Barnzy likes this.