• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Rediscovered Rat's Again After 15 Years

critter74

Silver Supporting Member
So it seems I have rediscovered Rat's again after 15 years of keeping away from them and I'm in love.

The last time I played a Rat was in my early 20's when I was playing in my Math Rock trio. I loved it then but it took a back seat when I got a 1st generation Mesa Tri-Axis (which I regret selling). Somewhere along the lines between moves to big and small cities alike, I lost it. Until recently I never really had a desire to revisit the Rat pedal. However the recent posts about the RI Rat's and the VFE Alpha Dog got me interested in them again.

Well I ended up getting a the ProCo '85 Whiteface Rat RI from the Emporium (thanks itkindofworks!) and am in love again. I am seriously bummed it took me 15 years to get back to this pedal. So now I have a VFE on the way (should be here tomorrow) and am just loving the sh1t out of the Whiteface Rat RI.

Anyways, I haven't been this excited for a dirt pedal in awhile. It's good to have the Rat back home, where it belongs.

Bman20

Silver Supporting Member
ive had several: chinese rat 2's, 90's big box reissue, and currently have an '88 Rat 2 and absolutely love it. It holds its own against all the best biutique drives IMO. Def a classic in its own right and very underrated. Hard to beat for lead tone as well as a lower gainer. Very fat and tube-like

Davo17

Rats are great pedals, and they sound the best with the guitars volume rolled back a bit, imo.

Polynitro

Rats rule...my favorite distortion. Im using a modded GFS Brownie. Its a Rat and turbo Rat in one.

Bluedano1

Rats rule...my favorite distortion. Im using a modded GFS Brownie. Its a Rat and turbo Rat in one.

I have one of these too! Love it, as there is just a lot of range as far as OD/Distortion/fuzz- it's all in there if you work with it a bit...

macmax77

Silver Supporting Member
Round and round
With love we'll find a way just give it time
Round and round
What comes around goes around
I'll tell you why.....

Now, the pedal should sing it's own chorus, hehehehhehe

Trending Topics

Top Bottom