• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Sold Redplate Blackverb Tremolo

cbickford84

Silver Supporting Member
$1635 shipped/PP

http://i1242.photobucket.com/albums/gg537/C_Bickford/20150712_103522_HDR_zps6rmroavh.jpg (scroll left for more pics)

The amp has one minor issue: when in triode mode, you can hear ghost notes; especially when bending notes. I exchanged many emails with Henry, and after replacing tubes, he narrowed it down to 2 470k resistors located near the power tubes. Upping them to 1k, or 1.5k should do the trick.

I never used triode mode, so it was never an issue for me; the amp sounds best running at full power. I also don't have a tech I trust at the moment, so I'm selling as is. It shouldn't cost much more than the bench fee. I can forward the email from Henry; he sent me a diagram of the mod.

The amp sounds amazing otherwise. The trem is great, the drive is great, and it's got great cleans. I have a Eminence RWB in it. A nice alternative to the V30 you typically see.

The previous owner ordered a custom footswitch that has a much better layout. The original will be included as well.

I believe the price is fair, but I will always consider any offer that comes my way. I might be interested in partial trades -- I need cash coming back, though. Especially if you have a high end looper, fuzz, cabs, etc.

Please feel free to ask me any questions you may have.

Last edited:

cyrja

I freaking love my Blackverb 88 with a Strymon Flint in the loop. I know this amp must be awesome

Trending Topics