Redplate RP50R

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by Brucebob, May 23, 2015.

1. Brucebob

Brucebob Supporting Member

These look really nice; I need an amp with Fender cleans and reverb, sounds good at home and small stage use, and quiet enough for studio use (not a pro.) In another words, the fabled great all arounder. By Fender clean, I mean Deluxeish and home volumes probably about the same as you do with a Deluxe. Seems like a super flexible amp, but sometimes amps that try to do too much are a compromise on everything. Thanks!

2. Puckbucker

Puckbucker Member

I own a Blackverb which is basically a RP50R without the tweed preamp channel. Great amp. but not quite. I use the alternative 6v6 tube set up in mine to power it at 18 watts instead of 50 and it's still quiet loud. The RP is Fenderesque but not quite the scooped tond of a Deluxe Reverb. The RP is a bit darker and bolder than a class Fender Deluxe Reverb and can get into Dumblesqe territory too. The Master Volume is pretty effective. The amp has much more going on that it appears at first - many of the knobs really let you shape the tone quite a bit. Very well built.

Many threads are here on Redplates if you search.

PS. I really don't think the RP will sound like a classic Deluxe Reverb though it's clean tone is from the Fender world. The RP is less compressed (though notes sustain and bloom really nicely with the RP). I think the RP does not have tube rectification so it' will be more immediate and less compressed / squishy. If you can try one you should as it's hard to describe the differences but you might want to call Henry Heistand of Redplate he's very nice and helpful and I'm sure he'd answer your questions. Great build quality on the Redplate for sure.

Last edited: May 24, 2015