RedPlate - Should I?

Lunnen

I am thinking of selling a 1966 Tremolux w/cab and a Marshall 1974x and buying a RedPlate Blackverb or Cosmic Dust. My reasoning would be that I think I can cover most of the ground that the Fender and Marshall offer with a RedPlate. I currently AB the two amps. Works very well but cumbersome to move both pieces. Am I crazy? I am interested in getting some opinions. Thanks in advance.

gstan

need more info...
How are you setting/using the Marshall? If you're cranking it to get that dimed Marshall thing then one of the Dusts or a RockMachine is going to be more appropriate. Of the Dusts I'd go with the MDD, the master volume works great and you never know when you might need more horsepower.

MightyGuru

Go with the Dust series if you want some great rock tones as well as awesome Fender-style cleans. I own a Magic Dust....just the easiest and most fun amp to gig with that I have owned...especially with humbucker equipped guitars.

nospickups

Silver Supporting Member
If you are looking for 50w I would go for the BV. My BV can got into all those tones especially with the revoiceing (slightly brighter with less bass) and the shift on the OD for a more modded marshall tonality. If you need a 100w I would go with the mdd as you get the two seperate od channels with all their goodness. I think it mostly depends on your power amp preference and how important your TMB is for your clean. You really cant go wrong. :aok

ianb

While you're considering a RedPlate, don't overlook the Black-n-Blues, for a wealth of different tones.

beerlover

I have the Cosmic and it does what you want at 45 watts. I would say Red Plate is your best choice. I do not know anyone who regretted their purchase. Just a fantastic amp

reddog112

Gold Supporting Member
I have the Cosmic and it does what you want at 45 watts. I would say Red Plate is your best choice. I do not know anyone who regretted their purchase. Just a fantastic amp
No doubt ....+1....ended my amp quest

nospickups

Silver Supporting Member
While you're considering a RedPlate, don't overlook the Black-n-Blues, for a wealth of different tones.

I have heard great things about that model from everyone who has played it even Henery. I wish I could have one of each.:love:

Lunnen

Thanks to all who responded. Pretty much confirmed what I was thinking. This is the only time in my life that I am contemplating purchasing an amp sight unseen. From what I have read and seen on the tube, I feel somewhat comfortable doing it. If there is anyone out there interested in a '66 Tremolux and/or a Marshall 1974x feel free to contact me. I am going to try the local thing first before posting them up here. Again, thanks for the guidance. Much appreciated. Looking forward to the Red Plate. Now.....which one????

ianb

Thanks to all who responded. Pretty much confirmed what I was thinking. This is the only time in my life that I am contemplating purchasing an amp sight unseen. From what I have read and seen on the tube, I feel somewhat comfortable doing it. If there is anyone out there interested in a '66 Tremolux and/or a Marshall 1974x feel free to contact me. I am going to try the local thing first before posting them up here. Again, thanks for the guidance. Much appreciated. Looking forward to the Red Plate. Now.....which one????
Call Henry at RedPlate Amps and tell him what you want.

Trending Topics