Reducing Bass on RC Booster?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by fajy6, Feb 6, 2008.

1. fajy6

fajy6 Member

i bought this pedal about 2 years ago, didn't really play with it much as i soon switched to acoustic, but after playing electric again recently, i've noticed that the RC Booster adds way too much bass when using my PRS CU 24 humbuckers. Is that how it normally is? or is there some kind of defect that i should get fixed?I'm using a traynor ycv50 and the guitar and the amp together sound fine with the bass at 12 o clock, but when put the RC booster in between, i have to turn the bass on the amp down to 1, and turn the bass on the pedal down to 1, and even then its too much.It sounds fine using single coils on the guitar, i can even tweak the bass up just a tad, but is it not supposed to work with humbuckers? The pickups are stock BTW.

2. trazan

trazan Member

What do you mean by "bass on the pedal down to 1"? The bass knob fully counter clockwise? If that's so there's got to be something wrong with the unit.

3. fajy6

fajy6 Member

yea fully counter clockwise, as in as little bass as possible on the pedal

4. fajy6

fajy6 Member

if it is a problem with the pedal, how do i get it fixed? will it be expensive?

5. Todd Lynch

Todd Lynch Member

One thing you might check would be to turn the bass control all the way clockwise - it could have been accidentally misconnected when built. If so, your low freqs would become weak/cut when turning it clockwise. Worth a try.

6. fajy6

fajy6 Member

Actually your right, thats exactly what happens, if i turn it all the way clockwise, the bass liek fitzes out and theres none there. How do i fix it?

7. Todd Lynch

Todd Lynch Member

The two wires on the two outside legs of the bass pot need to be reversed.