Redundant Zendrive worship from an overdrive junkie...

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by TooManyHobbies, May 29, 2008.

1. TooManyHobbies

TooManyHobbies Member

Lemme start by saying that I LOVE overdrive pedals. I have no less than four individual ones (not counting if they're duals) on my board at all times.

But.. I must say, that the first thing that I've had that really rivals the organic natural nature of my Death By Audio Interstellar Overdriver is my new Zendrive. I waited and paid the normal price too. Let me just say that this is real tonal bliss.

I have tried this stacked with both the tweed and plexi sides of my Death Rattle, and also stacked with the interstellar. What an amazing and versatile pedal which doesn't even need to be touched after it's "dialed in" for that particular guitar. The rest can be done from the volume and tone knobs.

I really thought that I'd be in for some hype, and it was partially all really about wait times, but this thing has really blown me away. I "may" have to pick up a mosferatu also considering how damn good this thing is!

2. tga-3

tga-3 Supporting Member

+1000 for the Zendrive. The Mosferatu has much more gain on tap than the Zendrive. It is also a great sounding pedal, I found it worked best on slide work. I would like to try the four knob version.
    FWIW,
    Rick

3. TooManyHobbies

TooManyHobbies Member

Thanks for the info Rick!

4. JZG

JZG Member

The Zen is pretty sweet. It stands right now as one of my "must have" or "keeper" pedals. From what I understand, Alf is catching up on the backlog too, so the wait isn't very long.

5. Pedro58

Pedro58 Member

I, too, am an overdrive junkie. I recently got the ZenDrive and concur with your evaluation! Smokin'! I am surprised at how versatile it is and how differently it behaves with single coils and humbuckers. I have to change every setting drastically.

6. alnico2

alnico2 Member

After months of using a MojoDrive at the local jam, the Zendrive has filled the overdrive slot the last three weeks. It has been a good three weeks! I find it useable in context.

7. GuitarsFromMars

GuitarsFromMars Member

My Zendrive is the best overdrive I have to use in the studio...

8. TooManyHobbies

TooManyHobbies Member

I'm just really shocked... it took the #1 spot which I never though it could so quickly. My DBA Inter is still #2. I'm now awaiting my dual SRB808 with one side to original 808 specs and one side Landy style. It's a disease.. i swear!

9. smogfalls

smogfalls Member

I'm pretty excited about getting mine. I got on the list a couple of weeks back so I know it's gonna be a while yet...still cant wait though!

10. esoteric pete

esoteric pete Member

my zen has been my #1 OD since i got it, and thats 3 years and counting.

i have never understood when i see people say "it doesnt sound good with single coils"..

maybe the people who claim this cant play well, and we all know that a pedal wont make you sound better if you already cant play....

11. BillyK

BillyK Supporting Member

For me, nothing comes close to the Zen.
    Except for the Zen2 which sits right next to it.

12. TooManyHobbies

TooManyHobbies Member

How about the harmony central reviews?!?! Wow.. are there some people who literally HATE it. I mean the anti is so strong that it makes you wonder if people just want to keep the secret!