Reeves and Port city 2x12-Speakers?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by saucyjack, May 25, 2008.

1. saucyjack

saucyjack Member

Pulled the trigger on a Port City 2x12 cab to match up with the Reeves 50.
    I've got a Weber ceramic Blue dog rated for 30 watts I believe and was thinking of pulling my newish Scumback h75(again 30 watts) out of combo to use in the new cab.

I'm a bit nervous running 2- 30 watt speakers with the Reeves but I'm guessing I won't get the Reeves to the halfway point for most of my playing.
    The Weber Thames sound interesting but would love to use what I got laying about.

Thoughts?

2. rrrajo

rrrajo Member

I wouldn't be nervous at all. The Port Cabinet will take a lot of stress off the speakers and give you a good thump.

3. saucyjack

saucyjack Member

4. saucyjack

saucyjack Member

5. saucyjack

saucyjack Member

Got the Reeves last night.
    Ran it thru my 2x10 Dr.Z Combo and I was loving the sound(It has a Dr.Z and Silver bell).

Port City 2x12 is on the way and I really need to get some speakers lined up.
    The Closed cab thing has me stumped(never used before)...I'm not sure what speakers I need to be looking at.

I want something spanky/chimey with some balls(The Reeves will be setup for clean,pedals for dirt).I would love to find a speaker that has smooth breakup but with clarity when overdriven.

I've got a old Celestion G12m-70 which I may try and use just to see what it sounds like.

6. saucyjack

saucyjack Member

Threw the G12m-70 in along with the Blue dog.Not bad but pretty bright and could use some more girth.
    I think I'm going to grab a Warehouse v30 and Cl-80 and stick them in...maybe grab something nicer down the road.
    I'm loving the Reeves.