• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

REEVES Custom 50 Jimmy Page amp

reeves amps

We've had several requests to do a 'Jimmy Page' Hiwatt amp that he used between '69-'71 or so. I don't know what took us so long but it was a natural for us to do. The footswitch allows you to go between normal "Hiwatt" mode to "Hot rod Hiwatt"...kinda reminded me of early AC/DC in tone. This amp will be available in either 50w or 100w

azwhofan

That is so very sweet! And it would be quite the step up from my Custom 6 LOL.
I see it's not on your website yet. Do you have any pricing and availabily info you'd care to share with us?

reeves amps

That is so very sweet! And it would be quite the step up from my Custom 6 LOL.
I see it's not on your website yet. Do you have any pricing and availabily info you'd care to share with us?
Available to order now...lead time is about 3-4 weeks.
50w $1,999.00
100w $2,199.00

traviswalk

In the Great State
Platinum Supporting Member
Oh man, that head gives me bad GAS...beautiful. I need to make capacity for a fine Reeves machine, watch out emporium.

todd richman

How about planning on attending-Loni has a great lineup this year and your amps and especially the Jimmy head would be most welcome.

Blauserk

Gold Supporting Member
So it's basically a Custom 50 (or Custom 100) footswitchable into the "Royal Albert Hall" mode? What schematic did you use for the Jimmy Page side? Thanks.

reeves amps

So it's basically a Custom 50 (or Custom 100) footswitchable into the "Royal Albert Hall" mode? What schematic did you use for the Jimmy Page side? Thanks.
In the "normal" mode it is very much like a Custom 50...maybe not exact but close enough.

We used the schematic we were given and the one on mhuss's site.

Srvwannab

Let me add, that I am a huge fan of Bill and the amps that they make at Reeves.

i couldn't be happier with my Reeves amps!

oh shucks...
that is HOT.
I need some dollars right away!
nice job bill...
my custom 30 is still trusty as hell...nightly compliments on tone.
awesome.

kevo

That tone my boy Jimmy Page had around 1971 was amazing.
Is there a big difference in tone and overall sound between the 50 watt and 100 watt?
I'll see what I can do to get one.

wichita

Looks really interesting.
Is this higher gain than a stock hiwatt of the same era?

I just got a Jen tonebender that would be great with this!

garyrogue

Gold Supporting Member
That is what I was wondering, how do these sit gain wise between normal Hiwatts and Marshalls? Tone difference and/or feel etc.. ?

reeves amps

That is what I was wondering, how do these sit gain wise between normal Hiwatts and Marshalls? Tone difference and/or feel etc.. ?
The amp acts like a two channel amp but it is not...so, what I call 'normal mode' the amp is very much like a regular Hiwatt...maybe a little edgier, but still all the same basic characteristics. In the 'hot mode' it has more preamp gain. So, to sum it up, if Hiwatt and Marshall had a child-the Jimmy is what it would sound like...IMHO.

Bill