reeves custom 6/12 volume control question

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by violadegambo, Sep 24, 2008.

1. violadegambo

violadegambo Member

were there earlier versions of the custom 6 & 12 that had master volumes? the current ones on the reeves website show only a single volume control, while
    threads such as:
    http://www.thegearpage.net/board/showthread.php?t=370218
    and
    http://www.thegearpage.net/board/showthread.php?t=423670&highlight=reeves+custom
    refer to them as having both volume and drive. the new custom hg 10 on the website shows two controls. a master volume version of the 6 and 12 with power scaling would seem to provide the ultimate in versatility. inquiring minds and so forth... got any photos?

2. relix63

relix63 Supporting Member

I believe the ones with the volume and drive are the power scaled versions. Here's a pic of the power scaled version I purchased.

[​IMG]

3. relix63

relix63 Supporting Member

The above settings sounded great with a Strat. The price on this is unreal for the quality you get.

4. schaljo

schaljo LEGEND

I'll second that. In the past year I've gone from a Carr Hammerhead MKI, a Budda Superdrive 18, a JCM 800, a 1987x Reissue Marshall, and a Soldano SLO. All gone. The Reeves however is a keeper.

5. Purplexi

Purplexi Member

Such well made amps, really like that double piping too. I got to play the 12watt with the pwr scaling feature so one should be in my future.