• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Refinishes (show yours off!)

El84man

I thought it'd be cool to have a thread of refinishes/custom paint jobs. So feel free to post any you've got!

I recently caught the refinishing bug and decided black and blonde weren't doing it for me anymore. These are my first attemps, I learnt a lot and really enjoyed doing them... They aren't 100% perfect if you really go looking, however they are 98% there and I'm really pleased with how they turned out. I used acrylic lacquer from the autostore which I found really easy to work with. It looks and feel great as well.
The hardest part was choosing the colours!

Cheers

G Man

Before and after. Although I can't take credit for the work, NTL Guitar gets all the credit on that front.

buckwild

Platinum Supporting Member
here's another Marty Bell Top Refin I had him do. The original top was stained really really dark so it was hard to make out the flame. He does great work...and fast too!

asintoras

Great thread!
Please post the time spent on refinishing, the cost, or contact information of who did the work. I am planning on refinishing a cheap Yamaha guitar I have, so any information will be really helpful (I am not sure about doing it myself yet)!

Thanks!

andyk

Silver Supporting Member
Refinished by GMW about 10 years ago. Forgot how much it cost, but no way I could do it myself:

Shovelhead

Here's my R7 Les Paul:

I did this for Jason Schroeder:

This one was for me:

Another one of mine:

claudel

Silver Supporting Member

I did these myself in the basement with TransTint dye and Behlens or Deft rattlecan clearcoat...

Lots of help from the kind folks at the ReRanch forum.

Mike9

Silver Supporting Member
A Les Paul Studio I bought with a headstock break -

Before:

After:

Trending Topics

Top Bottom