• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Refret in Houston?

SFW

Who in the Houston area does good fret work without charging an arm and a leg? My MIM strat needs to be refretted, but I don't want to spend more money that I paid for the guitar to do it. Thanks!

SFW

Thanks for the heads up about Neil. I will give him a call.

I've had bad dealings with Ron Pace, and will not be using him in the future.

59refin

Everybody I talk to recommends Jim Fulton at Lone Star Guitar in South Houston. Guys from other shops recommend Jim too. But I have heard good things about Neal Sargeant as well.

mslugano

Silver Supporting Member
Austin is only a 3 hour drive.
Yep. I agree. Dick Dubois from Collings Guitars did a stainless steel refret on one of my Suhrs in his home shop. He was very fast, very reasonable price and he suggested I pick it up at the Collings offices so I got a tour of Collings in the process. PM me if you want his contacts.

Rhomco

Making UPS, FEDEX and USPS richer every day!
Gold Supporting Member
And send it to Big John at www.bigjohnsguitars.com in Denton, Texas. He does all my serious fretwork and never fails to satisfy. Highest quality fretwork at reasonable prices plus his turnaround time is great. He specializes in fretwork so your neck/guitar is not in line waiting on someones GFS pickup install or for some goof ass in a walk-in shop that cant decide which color pickguard he wants.
Seriously,
Rob

Trending Topics