reggae music

Discussion in 'Member Video and Sound Clips' started by tedm, Nov 10, 2005.

1. tedm

tedm Gold Supporting Member

2. renico00

renico00 Member

I do not understand why I have to listen to everything tedm creates, but I just have to... never disappointed

3. Deaj

Deaj Silver Supporting Member

I like the guitar tone!

4. MichaelK

MichaelK Member

I've never heard the meter of 17.253/4 played over 4/4 till today.

5. tedm

Michael,

Try separating your speakers farther away from each other. If you have subs, put them way away from the main speakers. Put yourself about 2x the distance of the L/R speakers. Sit back. Relax!

6. t0neg0d

t0neg0d Member

I agree with Deaj... It is one of the nicer amp modelers I have heard... and I am not a fan of modelers. The lower registers are very convincing.

Ted what are you recording with? (not amp/guitar - but software? harddisk recorder? etc)

Cristof

7. tedm

yes, to my ears, the gp-100 sounds great, which is weird, because I like to think I like and can hear all the tube nuances as well...

anyways, for the stuff posted here lately, gtr mainly goes direct to the Roland GP-100 to an 6/8 channel analog mixing board (behringer mx602a), with mains out direct to an iriver mp3 895 encoder's line-in. I monitor with some close field Yamaha NS's for the mix, and have an RNC in the sidechain, but rarely use unless vocals.

If I'm recording for a CD project or something that I'm planning to go on a CD or DVD later, I replace the Iriver with a PC DAW running wavelab, and convert in and save as 24-bit/192 files via an emu 1212m sound card.

When using real amps, usually some combo of sm57 or DI with a cab sim to mixer.