Registering a 2nd hand Kemper, initial impressions...

Discussion in 'Digital & Modeling Gear' started by dav2321, Mar 3, 2012.

1. dav2321

dav2321 Member

Anyone gone through this? I cannot register/update the Kemper because the unit is under the previous owners account. I got it from Sweetwater so I cant contact the previous owner. I guess I'll just have to wait for Kemper to reply to my e-mail.

I'm just a bedroom rocker and play through Adam A3xs. So far so good, the audio quality seems on par with the Axe 2 (I own). The cleans really stand out, thick and with a chorus sound great (fender amp). I haven't dialed in a clean sound I like as well on the Axe yet even though I've had it a few months. Conversely, the distorted Marshall/Bogner tones on the Kemper aren't where I like them yet. Once I can register I'll try different amp/cab combos to find some distortion sounds I like.

2. grorig

grorig Member

Till you can register you can get the user profiles from here

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/55961326/KEMPER USER PROFILES.exe

3. tgp100

tgp100 Member

All uploaded user profiles can be downloaded by anyone who creates a user account and logs in.
    No need to own a kpa or have a registered kpa to do that.

4. Black Squirrel

Black Squirrel Silver Supporting Member Supporting Member

#1 You can register at Kemper Amps without a serial# and still use the firmware upgrades and Rig Library. the only thing you can do is post to the forums in most sections and for some reason if you are logged in at the forum you cant read anything.

#2 I own a pioneer unit that has Never had a serial # I have been in contact with Kemper for over 3 Months Still nothing. They sent a notice to "Pioneers" to send a pic of their computer Id Screen and they would be issued serial Number that was 3 months ago. The rarely respond to Emails and frankly Customer support sucks. But the Product is nice so Who cares.

5. MaxTwang

MaxTwang Member

You only need the serial number for the private area of the forum. I bought a Virus TI used that was registered and Access un-registered it for me w/o the former owners help - so I would assume you wouldn't have troubles with Kemper changing it over to you.

6. tgp100

tgp100 Member

All posts in the kpa forum can be read by everyone. No need no log in or register.
    A few people haven't clicked the + symbols so every post and sub-forum is visible. The symbol then turns to -. Simple as that. :)
    Only registered users can post in the private forum, others only in the public forum.

7. Black Squirrel

Black Squirrel Silver Supporting Member Supporting Member

No,

If I am logged in to the forum it shows no Posts.(every section empty) Once I log out I can read them.

I have been on that forum since day 1 I just cant post anything.:peenut

8. Gasp100

Gasp100 Silver Supporting Member

Continue to cross post here, we could use your feedback! I have not dealt directly with customer support on tech issues but I have received return emails from them on other stuff (the Kemper bag, etc...)

9. tgp100

tgp100 Member

Please try what I explained. It has solved the exact same problem you have for users who asked the same thing.
    On the first page and sub-forum pages there are + symbols to the left next to the headlines.
    Click the + and it turns into a - and show all threads.
    Do this in the sub-forums as well.

10. dav2321

dav2321 Member

Thanks for the help guys ,I'll give it a try.

11. Hoth

Hoth Silver Supporting Member

Yeah, when I returned my KPA to Sweetwater I tried to unregister on the Kemper forum but couldn't find an option to. They should add that ability to save new owners lots of hassle. Good luck with the KPA!

12. MaxTwang

MaxTwang Member

Contact Kemper support, not the forum.

13. OminousPoultry

OminousPoultry Member

So you can't read posts in the forum if you are logged in and you don't get a response to your emails?
    Wow, you really are having bad luck aren't you? Millions of man hours devoted to software/internet development and still this **** doesn't work ......
    It's no wonder customer support sucks.

14. dweebetweek

dweebetweek Member

I had the same problem with Sweetwater, they told me it was a new unit and it was not, tried to register the Kemper and the website would not let me, Tech support emailed me within a couple of days but by that time I had sent it back.

15. OminousPoultry

OminousPoultry Member

You mean Kemper Tech Support contacted you? Within 2 days?
    Hopeless........

16. guitarnet70

guitarnet70 Member

No serial on the last page of the system menu?