Regretting Your POG Yet?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by supergenius365, Jun 3, 2008.

1. supergenius365

supergenius365 Silver Supporting Member

The POG looks very interesting to me, but I am concerned that the novelty will wear off. And @ $300 or so...........

So POG owners - Still liking it or will there be a glut of POGs in the Emporium soon?

2. mwalker.rock

mwalker.rock Member

good question. i love mine. it would be mostly useless if i played only cover bands, but for my original stuff, i love it. i don't think its everyone's cup of tea though...

btw, is the pog a newer pedal or something? haven't these been around for a long time?

3. Birddog

Birddog Member

I like mine still. When used in conjunction with a wah you can get some very unique Jimi-tones, and it also works well as a pseudo organ.

Space is at a premium on my board, but I plan on keeping the POG on it in the forseeable future.

4. supergenius365

supergenius365 Silver Supporting Member

No. Not very new. I should have titled the thread differently. I didn't really know or care about it until that John Mayer thread a few months ago with the video showing him composing in the studio with it, so to me it's kind of new.

5. El Gallo Negro

El Gallo Negro Member

The POG makes me want to play when I might be otherwise uninspired. You get to be another instrument, and if you have a looper you're the whole band. 'Tis a good one.

6. enocaster

enocaster Member

I wouldn't be surprised if there is a smaller boxed version (XO series) in the next year.

7. thisfire

thisfire Supporting Member

Yea, the only thing I didn't like about the POG was its size. If it were quite a bit smaller, it'd still be on my board for sure.

8. Josh O

Josh O Member

The Micro POG is in the XO enclosure.

9. thisfire

thisfire Supporting Member

Yea, from what I've heard it just can't do what the POG does though.

10. PeelingPaint98

PeelingPaint98 Member

I dig my POG as much today as when I first got it, if you haven't seen a glut of them yet I don't think you're likely too. 12 string, 18 string, organ, solid faux bass, just does alot of good things. The only real knock I'd put against it is it's very picky about chain position and will clip if hit with too strong a signal.

11. bhelvick1

bhelvick1 Silver Supporting Member

Mines busted, but Im sending it off to EHX to get it fixed tomorrow. I think its great. Love hearing it on newer records. Makes me smile.

12. KRosser

KRosser Member

No way...that things rules...I've had it for years, and that means it's staying.

13. kiteflyer

kiteflyer Member

I went through a little bit of love/hate at first with it, but now it's on my board and staying. When learned well and used carefully it can do some really amazing sounds, especially with other effects. Combined with a Ge Fuzz and some delay I'm getting some great smashing pumpkins type lead tones.

Still it's big and expensive. I see them for sale used every so often. I would buy one used.

14. BobbyFudge

BobbyFudge Member

15. Medication

Medication Member

Note, this is the second time I've bought one. I had to sell the first one for financial reasons approx. a year ago, but I had it for a year before selling it.

oh yeahhh :AOK

[​IMG]

There's a music store on ebay that occasionally sells them for 250 new in box w/ free shipping. That's where I bought mine. Completely mint, unopened. Great deal. Well, certainly much better than 325 + tax :puh

Los Angeles people: saw one on craig's list the other day for 150$

16. analogmike

analogmike Gold Supporting Member

17. vorvick

vorvick Member

I've had mine about a year. I use it for the faux bass thing on rough demo recordings - works great. Also use it when creating loops on the fly for bass and other textures. The direct + one octave up with some overdrive (POG in front) can really scream. The organ sound is what originally attracted me, but I probably use it the least. I can't imagine selling it... except for a HOG...
    V

PS Micro POG is cool, it just doesn't have the detune feature that makes the organ sound convincing to me. I might consider switching to that...