Regular bridge or hipshot for hardtail strat?

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by lttoler, Feb 27, 2009.

1. lttoler

lttoler Senior Member

I am getting a custom strat made from USACG and want a hardtail string-thru body. I was gonna put a regular hardtail strat bridge on it but the owner suggested I have it drilled to put a standard hipshot hardtail bridge because of spacing for the humbuckers ill have in it. I'm a little iffy on this. What would you do???

2. Eagle1

Eagle1 Member

I'd go with the hipshot as it has the same mounting as the Fender.
    The Gotoh is nice but has a different mounting.

3. lttoler

lttoler Senior Member

Oh okay, so would a standard Fender hard tail and a Hipshot hardtail be interchangable?

4. Boris Bubbanov

Boris Bubbanov Member

Well, I bought the $ 63 Callaham hardtail bridge and I paired it up with 2 Bill and Becky 609s with the narrower spacing, 2.08 inches or whatever. The Callaham is meant for 2 + 7/32nds but the guitar looks right and sounds excellent. Becky and I worried over this (always somewhere else I coulda used the 609s) but I like this better than any other pickup set I've tried so far. The strings do fall over the pole pieces of the bridge pickup, just favoring the outside edge on the 2 E's (way closer match than a Strat SC neck pup on a Am Std Strat for sure).

I guess what I'm saying is, which bridge may depend on which humbucker you've selected.

5. Eagle1

Eagle1 Member

Yes but the string holes don't align exactly with the body,but it still works.