Reinhardt 18 bias?

David Garner

Platinum Supporting Member
Sorry for the threadjack, but I have to ask - Farlowhigh, how does the 18 compare to the MI-6? I'm looking for a pretty classic Marshall tone.

farlowhigh

check out Greg V's excellent demo of the 18 and the MI-6 as he plays the same riffs through both amps and you can hear the differences well. There is a very nice tele clip on the Reinhardt site of the MI-6. I personally like the cleans on the MI-6 better as they seem fuller and more balanced. The 18 is definitely the way to go if you want classic Marshall crunch and I also like the cleans on the 18. The MI-6 has a thicker low mid kind of thing on the overdrive and it sounds great...both great amps...I thought I would sell the 18 once I got the MI-6 but they are both still here as they seem to have different virtues for me. I tend to play the MI-6 clean while I love the crunchy tones on the 18.

hope that helps...call Bob Reinhardt and he will definitely help you out as he is a really nice guy who really stands behind his products. great build quality and Bob's wife Sue does the tolex on the amps and it is flawless.

Eric

Trending Topics

Top Bottom