Reinhardt 18@ Motor City Amp Showcase

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by fyrwyr, Mar 2, 2008.

1. fyrwyr

fyrwyr Member

I was thrilled to demo the 18 watter by Bob Reinhardt today, and I must say that the recent Premier Guitar Magazine review which gave that amp a 4.5 out of 5 rating was not accurate to my ears; I give that amp a definate 5.

I was in tonal Nirvana as well as the rest of the room, unreal tone, simply unreal:cool:

That is one very addictive amplifier, Bob should sell a ton of those babies, they are THAT good!:BEER

2. CAC

CAC Member

Yep, my Reinhardt 18 has ruined me for other amps. Just a huge sounding amp!

3. fyrwyr

fyrwyr Member

and light as a feather too!!!!

Bob should be one of the biggest sellers out there really, and not just a "flavor of the month", he makes some of the best sounding amps (to my ears) on the planet and at a very low, too low price, really. He seriously needs to raise his prices to better reflect the quality and tone of his amps, and in the process make some kind of a reasonable living for his family. I have heard amps that cost much more that don't sound as good as his....

4. CAC

CAC Member

I agree, but I'm saving up for another one so I wouldn't mind him keeping those prices own for a while longer! Did you try the head or combo? Where did you see that review? Was it in the latest Guitar Player issue?

5. fyrwyr

fyrwyr Member

We had the head version in our booth and played it through the killer Stone Age Cabs. The guitar Player review I read was from the link Bob gave in the manufacturers section of TGP, not sure which issue but it was recent.

6. goneracin

goneracin Member

7. 908SSP

908SSP Supporting Member

8. phatster

phatster Member

I love my 18 but would like to have power scaling,what say you Bob? I had e-mailed you with same concern,you probably really busy.

9. Casey S

Casey S Silver Supporting Member

I was lucky enough to play one yesterday, and I am already getting rid of some stuff to help fund purchasing one of these bad boys.

10. fyrwyr

fyrwyr Member

Sorry Bob about the magazine mixup, premier guitar mag is a great place to have a review, but they should have gave the 18 a 5 out of 5, you hit a grand slam with this one!

11. StoneAge Cabs

StoneAge Cabs Silver Supporting Member

That thing kicked some ass....[oops, can I say that??]...oh well...but I did:nono!!
    Nice amps Bob....I thought it sounded particularly killer in a 4x12 with standard GB's...

12. fyrwyr

fyrwyr Member

For shizzle!!!:dude

13. reno88

reno88 Member

i have an mi-6 (18w 6v6 version of the 18) head, and i play it thru an avatar 2x12 cab (v30/g12h30). no pedals. complete tonal nirvana. and bob's customer service is absolutely top-notch. incredible amp, incredible service. i can't recommend his amps enough!

14. cycler

cycler Member

Reno 88, does the MI-6 sound anything like a Marshall JTM 45, the description on the website comments about a warmer sound than the el84s, and I was wondering what exactly that meant...thanks, emilio

15. RGB

RGB Supporting Member

I just had Bob build an 18 for me and along with his 1x12 cab loaded with his R65 lead driver, it's the most amazing tone I've ever experienced...and Sue's green tolex with the cream swoosh and all that gold hardware doesn't hurt either! I'm running it in a wet/dry setup with my Satellite Neutron, ( a very different 18 watter, but equally amazing), and they just compliment each other so damn well!

The only problem is, I'm gonna have a few pedals on the block, (including my LDO).....as much as I like the pedals, I find all I need is the guitar's volume and picking dynamics to go from clean to a smokin' driven tone that has no use for an OD!

Thanks Bob and Sue...you guys are the best!

16. fyrwyr

fyrwyr Member

Agreed, NO pedals needed with the Reinhardt 18, the perfect 18 watter INHO;) Me needs one of those bad boys!

17. Mr.Hanky

Mr.Hanky Supporting Member

Bob is the shizzit, long live my JKC!!

18. fyrwyr

fyrwyr Member

Bob rocks no doubt, and a great guy as well!

I think it is so cool that his wife helps with the tolex work, she has got some serious talent!

19. phatster

phatster Member

Amen on the Tolex maven!

20. Shnook

Shnook Supporting Member

I had the pleasure of picking my MI-6 up at Bob's house Sunday night and all I can say is this: Awesome amp made by a super nice guy with a super nice family. I haven't had enough time to give it a full workout, but from what I've gathered from about 2 hours worth of experimenting with the MI-6 is that this is a top quality amp with many tonal complexity's and textures. My only complaint is that I haven't had enough time to play thru it. Next on my list is a Reinhardt cab and I should be set. Seriously, if your thinking about getting one, go for it!!! Thanks Bob!