Reinhardt Amps

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by edwarddavis, Jul 19, 2008.

1. edwarddavis

edwarddavis Supporting Member

wow , tried a 18 watt combo yesterday , very cool amp, From clean to high gain marshall even at a low volume . Any owners opinions. I may be looking to get one of these . They sound great but I only tried it a short time. seems like a great amp for a small club .

2. reno88

reno88 Member

extremely satisfied owner of an mi-6! tones for days, muy volume, and bob's customer service can't be beat. no matter the model, i think you'll be pleased.

3. Ud Reks

Ud Reks Member

I had the same experience as you. Loved the sound of it. I tried it alongside 8 amps, had them lined up in a row, and played all for maybe 4 hours. I liked the 18 best. There was a Top Hat Emplex M2, Bogner Shiva, Orange AD30TC, Egnater Tourmaster, Splawn QR II, Soldano SLO, Germino Lead.

I liked the Reinhardt 18 so much I ordered its big brother the Titan this week.

4. edwarddavis

edwarddavis Supporting Member

thanks for the input , there may be one i my future .
    thanks

5. fyrwyr

fyrwyr Member

The 18 is a world class amplifier, one of my new favs;)

6. 78tsubaki

78tsubaki Member

I own the 18 combo. Great amplifier. Best thing about it is the way it allows you to control the tone using the guitars volumn. Almost intuitive. Nice crunch when you dig in. I am still exploring the tone in this amp.

7. coldfingaz

coldfingaz Member

I think there's one for sale here... very cool amps and a huge 18 watts

8. jumpnblues

jumpnblues Member

The Reinhardt 18 and the Louis Electrics are some my all-time fav amps.

Tom

9. Dave

Dave Member

+1 Extremely satisfied MI-6 owner here too.

10. farlowhigh

farlowhigh Member

I am soon going to be the owner of a new Reinhardt 18 and I can't wait!! I am lucky enough to live near Bob Reinhardt and so I got to try the 18 next to the MI-6 right in his house for an afternoon a few months ago (Bob and his wife are both really nice and friendly), and they both sounded amazing. I ultimately went with the 18 but both amps are really great and maybe some day I will get a MI-6 as well...Definitely something far out of the ordinary with that Reinhardt 18. Great, great amp and I really look forward to getting it!

I was so impressed with the 18 that I decided to buy one on the spot, or well, reserve one, since there is about a 2 month backlog at this point. Clearly word is getting around about Reinhardt Amps. I can't wait to buy a matching cab for it soon as well.

Order the 18!!! You won't regret it!

Eric

11. trisonic

trisonic Member

How would you describe the difference in feel and tone between the MI6 and the 18?

I know it is not easy but wondered if anything really stood out?

Best, Pete.

12. Shnook

Shnook Supporting Member

I own a MI-6 and LOVE it!!! I've not tried the 18, but the MI-6 is a little darker sounding when compared to the sound samples I've heard of the 18. I prefer the darker tones of the 6V6's.

Bob is awesome to deal with and I don't see myself ever willingly parting with my MI-6. Wonderful sounding amp!

13. guitdlxe

guitdlxe Member

I have been using a Storm 33 for live and studio dates for about a year and love the amp. Bob is great to work with and builds a great amp at a great price point. MK is using Bob's gear on his world tour and 33 watt Storms sounded incredible at the show in LA.

14. RGB

RGB Supporting Member

It's all about the love for me....love my 18, love dealing with Bob and Sue, love having the best tone I've ever had.....can't say enough good things about the Reinhardt experience!

Bob's latest success is well deserved! Get 'em while you can, I'll bet Bob has his hands full these days!

Last edited: Jul 19, 2008
  15. samtheman

samtheman Member

Please.........stop :bkw:bkw:bkw

"is it ready yet?" "how long it takes?" "is it shipped already?"
    :D:D:D

This wait is HARD !

/sam

16. farlowhigh

farlowhigh Member

I just found out that my new Reinhardt 18 is ready and I will go pick it up tomorrow afternoon!!!

In terms of the MI-6 vs. the 18, the features are all the same and so much of it seems to be the inherent differences between tube types. The amp with 6v6s seems a bit thicker and maybe a bit darker as mentioned by Shnook. The 18 with EL84s has an amazing chime and just sounds really alive and responsive. I went expecting to get a MI-6 as I like the idea of a Marshally preamp with 6v6 power tubes but I couldn't get past how much I liked the sound of the 18 with EL84s. Those are my two favorite types of power tubes in any case and so it was kind of a hard call. The EL84s seem to crunch more readily and the MI-6 has maybe a slightly throatier growly sound...very cool and I may well get one of those in the future. They are both great amps and it just depends on what you want. Both have amazing touch sensitivity and some cool features. I only got to play the MI-6 once for an hour or so, and so I wouldn't want to say too much and this was also a few months ago. For me it was surprising how the ampfest clips led me to think that I would prefer the MI-6 but when playing both amps side by side, I just liked the sound of the 18 better. on that day, anyway...and I did spend a few hours there altogether...and had been there once before and heard the 18 then. I like how alive the 18 sounds and it readily yields some very cool musical feedback with humbuckers...a less polite amp perhaps than my Badger...in a good way, of course! I was worried about overlap with the Badger and the Miniplex II but I walked away that day convinced that the Reinhardt 18 added something different and inspiring.

The MI-6 is really cool and it is cool to hear 6v6s in that kind of amp...I would say that it takes a bit more gain or volume to get the 6v6s to break up and I found the EL84s to be wonderfully rich, chimey, sparkling and compelling...

I will post on those 3 amps when I get a chance to play them side by side for a while.

hope that helps a bit,
    Eric

17. HeeHaw

HeeHaw Member

Good to hear Eric. You'll enjoy the 18! I just recieved my Vintage 50 amp back from Bob after having it retrofitted to a Storm, and absolutely love it. I used it live last night, and the amp absolutely exceeded every one of my expectations.

18. bilbal

bilbal Member

I just saw Knopfler with two at The Bank of America Pavilion in Boston. He sounded awesome. The Reinhardts he was using are amazing. That dude is f***ing incredible.

19. farlowhigh

farlowhigh Member

Heehaw, great to hear from another satisfied Reinhardt owner!

I would add to my previous description of the MI-6 vs. 18 that the MI-6 seemed more focused on low bassy frequencies whereas the 18 focused more on the mids and highs...very basic but it is a difference that has stuck in my mind ever since...the MI-6 has a powerful low end and I think I like amps that focus a bit more on the mids and highs. I tend to turn down the bass on my 6v6 amps in general.

just a little more detail fwiw...

Eric

20. joek86

joek86 Supporting Member

Agreed! I own both and the MI definitely has a low end focus, it sounds bigger...

~Joe