Reinhardt LT-1. The Holy Grail!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by Boo999, Feb 22, 2012.

1. Boo999

Boo999 Member

Have had my LT-1 for about 6 weeks now. Purple cab with white flash. I have a feeling that it is the "blue" one in the posted clips on his site and youtube. Read a comment how it photographed "blue". And I know it was the one that got lugged around to shows. I am an amateur guitarist but have quite an extensive collection of guitars and amps. Old enough to have seen Jimmy and Jimi live.
    Now let me tell you this is THE AMP. Does everything from that early hollow Hendrix tone to Jimmy's live tone to down and dirty AC/DC... and everything in between, It kicks you in the teeth. A really physical experience.It thumps and growls like a BIG amp. Loud? Neighbours calling the police kind of loud.
    You know that piercing blues tone that everyone searches for... easy for this amp. Not a lot of fiddling and fussing required. Tones are easily dialed in.
    EXTREMELY responsive to pick attack. And responsive to volume control of the guitar.
    The power scaling feature is the best that I have heard.
    I cannot imagine ANY better sounding amp.
    I am only playing through a 1 X 12 extension cab but have just ordered a 2 X 12 slant cab from Mojotone. One Heritage British Celestion G12M and one British Heritage G12H (55). Also in purple, with Gold piping and Marshall Cane grill cloth. I can hardly wait! Andrew at Mojotone was extremely patient with me and responsive to my questions and concerns.
    If Bob ever starts making amps again, this is the one!! I was lucky to get it. I hope I have not broken any forum rules. Only my second post. Have trouble inserting photo. You would see that it really photographs blue but in real life it is ROYAL PURPLE! lol

Last edited: Feb 22, 2012
  2. Boo999

Boo999 Member

3. DICKIE C

DICKIE C Member

It works. And it looks purple! Congratulations on finding an amp that does it for you! I've heard great things about the LT-1.

4. grizdeluxe

grizdeluxe Member

So you're inducing GAS and we can't even buy these anymore?!?!

Is Reinhardt going to start building amps again someday or is he done?

Glad you're digging it.

5. big mike

big mike Administrator Staff Member

[​IMG]

Could be the one I had and made the youtube demos with.
    OMG that amp is glorious. I SOO wish I'd have had the scratch to buy it. It still haunts me.

THE BEST 'MARSHALL' I've ever played.

Period.

Fixes all the issues with the big ones. USeable volume...the right 'feel'. Man he nailed it. It's no tweaked 18 watter, it's a low watt plexi with little man syndrome.

AFAIK Bob's out of the game for the forseeable future.

6. gregory70

gregory70 Supporting Member

There was a combo here a week or two ago. I'm beginning to wish I had snatched it when I had the chance.

7. big mike

Jumper the channels. Crank the normal channel, and bring in the bright channel for chime.

Yeah baby.

8. goodsal

goodsal Supporting Member

How quiet can it get for home playing and still sound good?

9. Boo999

Boo999 Member

Can get WAY DOWN in volume and still rip your guts out. So it actually is the perfect balance between a club/studio amp and a bedroom amp.

Big mike.. It was YOUR clips that narrowed down my search. They really rock. That chimey, hollow early Hendrix sound is what did it for me. By the way, although you do not need me to tell you, YOU rock! I mean it. I am quite sure that it is the one you used. The provenance of this one indicates that it is so.

About Bob building again, all that I can say is .... You never know.

But I cannot stress enough how this amp is the bomb! Marshall heaven I have a friend who has 3 or 4 REINHARDT'S,one is a special made to order build... They ALL rock!

10. big mike

Many thanks for the kind words.

I know lots of folks don't care for my low tech demo approach, but it just feels more genuine and no 'smoke and mirrors' when it's just a camera in a room.

one of these days I'll step up and get the protools going.

Enjoy that amp. It's fabulous.

11. Boo999

Boo999 Member

Can get WAY DOWN in volume and still rip your guts out. So it actually is the perfect balance between a club/studio amp and a bedroom amp.

Big mike.. It was YOUR clips that narrowed down my search. They really rock. That chimey, hollow early Hendrix sound is what did it for me. By the way, although you do not need me to tell you, YOU rock! I mean it. I am quite sure that it is the one you used. The provenance of this one indicates that it is so.

About Bob building again, all that I can say is .... You never know.

But I cannot stress enough how this amp is the bomb! Marshall heaven I have a friend who has 3 or 4 REINHARDT'S,one is a special made to order build... They ALL rock!

12. Boo999

Boo999 Member

Lolol you can never have too many Reinhadt's!

13. daveanto21

daveanto21 Supporting Member

lol. I got lucky and hit up jimmy fast and bought it! The op is correct. These lt1's are absolutely amazing. The reinhardt speaker can move some serious air. What bigmike said is 100% true. The Lt1 is totally more comparable to a vintage 50 plexi, not at all like a 18 watter. In my opinion the best baby plexi around. Bob nailed it with this one. Never thought I would see a true baby plexi that could get convincing big bottle tones out of a el84 in a pretty portable combo, with a true plexi tone stack, sexy looks, and very transparent power scaling. I have played tons of plexi styled amps and this is the best and most convincing low watter imo. Tons of gorgeuos gain on tap with some sweet harmonics. Strats or les pauls, this thing loves them. Also Bigmike, your clips ultimately put me over the top to buy the lt1, thanks bud!
    dave

Last edited: May 28, 2012
  14. Pelagic

Pelagic Supporting Member

Has anyone compared the LT1 to the JKC33? Would it be wrong to say they are the same amp w/ different trannys and output tubes?

15. big mike

don't think they're identical, no.

16. Boo999

Boo999 Member

Want to contact big mike ( moderating mykkus). I am fairly new to the gear page. How do I message an individual member ?

17. Boo999

Boo999 Member

Hey mike, what were the settings you used for that early Hendrix hollow kind of Tone. Just got my cab from monotone 2 X 12 heritage Celestions. One M and one H(55). Matching purple by the way.

18. In Absentia

In Absentia Member

Click on their name and hit "private message".

19. louis

louis Supporting Member

Did Bob stop making amps?

Louis

20. big mike

Pretty sure the presence was aroud 3/4 bass 1/3 up mid about 3/4 up highs around 1/2 -3/4 and the brite volume dimed. Jumpered I probably brought the darker channel. Volume about 1/2 up for low end.

Yeah bob has hung up his soldering iron. Building race engines for a prostock team.