Reinhardt, new high gainer or Storm 33

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by keith_t4e, Feb 24, 2009.

1. keith_t4e

keith_t4e Member

I'm trying to finish paying for a Storm 33, but this new high gainer sounds good to me. Does the Storm 33 have about as much gain as an old Marshall 2203 master volume amp? The new amp takes any power tube so it would seem. Is that correct?

2. HeeHaw

HeeHaw Member

Yes and then some.

3. MGuts

MGuts Member

Any reports on the new amp?

4. yankeebulldog

yankeebulldog Supporting Member

I just got my Storm 33 and I'm still waiting to crank it higher than bedroom volume. The High gain version peaked my interest as well just after I put in my order.. The high gain storm doesn't really clean up at all according to Bob. I figure I'll just use a pedal to boost the gain any. By itself the Storm can easily get JCM 800 gain and them some.

5. keith_t4e

keith_t4e Member

I didn't know there was a "high gain" version. Mine will have two gain nobs one on top of the other. Some call it a non master V amp; some say it has a master V. If it is Marshall like, I'll dig it.

6. yankeebulldog

yankeebulldog Supporting Member

High gain version is new. There is a sound clip on his site. http://www.reinhardtamps.com/files/SHG.html

I believe he calls SHG for "Storm High Gain". This one has a master volume and another 2 gain stages to kick it up a few notches.