Reinhardt Storm 33 on the way

jzucker

Silver Supporting Member
Chris Staton of www.theamphouse.com (going live in a couple weeks) is sending me this amp to do a video demo/review on. I've been curious about the storm amps for sometime so I'm going to put it through it's paces and give some feedback regarding what it's all about.

Very excited to try this amp as i've heard tons of glowing reviews and the power output is right up my allen in terms of modern club and recording requirements. Anyone else own one that would like to make comments?

By the way, I previously owned a Reinhardt V50 that was the sweetest sounding plexi I ever played through.

jzucker

Silver Supporting Member
My perception from talking to bob and reading what little i could find about it is that it's a 2 channel version of an enhanced JCM800 circuit with the addition of a loop and power scaling. Bob said that marshall took a few shortcuts which caused the lack of bottom end in the JCM800 and a certain midrange shrillness that bob took care of in his version. So the normal channel will sound very plexi-like while the hot channel will have the extra heat and a hot rodded marshall (early Van Halen) tone.

And then, putting it in a slightly lower powered version makes for a club and scaling friendly package that should make it extremely versatile.

bonchie123

Silver Supporting Member
The lack of video's on youtube of this amp has frustrated me.

Please post any clips if you get them. I'm specifically curious as to how much gain is actually on tap on the high input setting and how well the power scaling works.

jzucker

Silver Supporting Member
The lack of video's on youtube of this amp has frustrated me.

Please post any clips if you get them. I'm specifically curious as to how much gain is actually on tap on the high input setting and how well the power scaling works.
I had a v50 and I can tell you that bob's power scaling works fabulous. Chris is sending me the amp to do vids for him so i'll definitely be posting some.

Phil M

Silver Supporting Member
I had the JKC33 1x12. This Storm sounds more like what I was hoping for with that one. Can't wait to hear it.

Trending Topics