Reinhardt Storm

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by joek86, Feb 23, 2009.

1. joek86

joek86 Member

I got my Storm 33 this weekend............I literally had to chase the FedX guy 8 miles Saturday afternoon or I wouldn't have gotten it until today!

I ordered it w/ power scaling which works very well when I feel the need to turn down, which so far isn't that often!

This is my third Reinhardt ............I have an MI-6 and had an 18 combo for a year. This amp is the punchiest, fullest, and clearest of the three. It can be sweet or out and out rude when asked. It has 2 layers of gain(comes w/ foot switch) and when using drive pedals you can end up all over the place but always good solid classic tone. I have to say that I am having a ball with this amp, it seems to have allot of different voices in one box. I have also found that I like my P90 McInturff allot more through this amp, it really sounds juicy and very fluid.

BTW, the Reinhardt experience is an excellent one, great customer service and responsiveness.

I originally wanted the second gain stage to be brighter but once I got it I realized that it was too bright. Fortunately, Bob was able to instruct me to clip a cap on the pot and I was back to stock! The reason that I bring this up is that I got a good look at the inside handy work. OMG, this thing is immaculate, I have seen quite a few boutique amps, but the work in this amp is superb, period!

Back to play'n.....................

~Joe

Last edited: Feb 25, 2009
  2. Phil M

Phil M Supporting Member

I had a JKC33 for awhile and while it didn't work for what I am doing right now, I can't deny what a great sounding and looking amp that was. Bob is the best and VERY helpful, even to someone like me who bought a used amp.

BTW, you probably already know this but when you're setting your bias with those nifty external jacks, make sure your power scaling knob is all the way UP. It will f up your readings otherwise. Also, try KT66es if your particular model allows.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2009
  3. joek86

joek86 Member

Thanks for the tip, iI did't realize that at first and Bob set me straight. The externals really help allot particularly if you are into trying dif tubes on a regular basis.

~Joe

4. HeeHaw

HeeHaw Member

Those external bias points are handy. You can have these amps retubed amd biased in less than ten minutes.

5. Terry McInturff

Terry McInturff 40th Anniversary of guitar building! Gold Supporting Member

All of this sounds great to me.
    I cant wait to try one!!!!!!!!!

Can you believe that Ive yet to try one for any REAL length of time?????????????????????