Reinhardt with SVT: any opinion?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by blueprint, Jan 9, 2008.

1. blueprint

blueprint Member

I've just ordered an 18 watts Reinhardt head, but I still have to decide if I want it with the SVT powerscaling or not...
    Any opinion about this technology?
    Is it really a "plus" in such an amp?
    Thanks!

2. HeeHaw

HeeHaw Member

Some guys that live and play where certain volume levels would cause trouble might need/want the powerscaling. I thougt the 18 was just about perfect with no SVT added. However, it's easier to install as the amp is being built, so if in doubt have it built in.

3. hamfist

hamfist Member

I'd definately get the powerscaling. You'll be able to get the same tones at any volume. Even 18W is really loud when cranked. Your ears will thank you in the long run.
    Your power tubes will also last longer as powerscaling reduces the voltages going through them.

4. daveS

daveS lefty dude on hiatus Gold Supporting Member

Between the San Andreas and Calaveras Faults
    I would get the SVT powerscaling. I have a Reinhardt 18 and it's LOUD. Bob installed the powerscaling for me and it's much more versatile now. Even if you only use it once in a while, it's really a nice feature to have.

5. rnm14

rnm14 Member

I'm very happy with my 18 which has the power scaling mod. I can now have the slight crunch sound I like at any volume. Great for those quiet corporate gigs.