• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Reissue '57 Fender Deluxe owner comments

shuie

It's been a while since we have had a thread about these. I'm not talking about the 5E3 quasi boutique clones or kit builds, I mean the recent Fender reissue. There were a ton of threads leading up to and shortly following their release at the 2007 NAMM show, but I don't recall seeing much discussion about these amps for a good while

Question for the owners of this amp: What do you think of it 1-2 years later? Other than tubes & speaker, have you modified anything like the signal caps or other parts for a better sound? I found one locally that I'm looking at. It's cheap enough to at least try it out.

I'm very aware of the great non Fender 5E3 builds & kits and I'll do a comparison of a kit or hand built 5E3 later on if I buy the Fender, but for this thread, I'd just like some input from owners of the Fender reissues.

TIA

MeMota

Ditto

Anyone replaced one of the two 12AX7's that Fender put in theirs back to the "normal" one 12AX7 and one 12AY7?

Peppy

I had one...switched out for a Swart AST-PRO. Indeed I put the 12AY7 upfront. Added a touch more headroom. Changed out the speaker to a G12H30. A bit more headroom. At the time I was only using single-coils so I have no idea how humbucking pickups would do, but I think it's easy to extrapolate how they would drive it a good bit harder.

itgoesto11uc

I still love mine and haven't changed a thing. I've had several originals over the years and to me me the biggest difference is the original speakers with thousands of hours on them.

adnan76

I've only had mine for a short time, but love it. There is a huge difference between how a humbuckers drive it compared to single coils. With my Les Paul, the Ch1 Instrument input will start to break up very nicely with the amp vol on 3. With a Tele, you need to crank the amp up a good bit more (which, interestingly increases the breakup more, but not necessarily the loudness). Great amp.

Trending Topics