• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.
  • On Thursday, January 20, 2022, starting at 7 pm EST, We will take the forum offline to do the necessary upgrades. Estimates are a possible 3-hour total downtime to complete the process. So mark your calendar to play your guitar.

Released 40 years ago, today...

I remember the first time I ever heard this album. I was in study hall in tenth grade. The teacher was my gym coach and we had an all in one turn table to play it on.

Clifford-D

Released 40 years ago, today. As a kid, this record was a staple in my house and it had a very profound influence on me. I still listen to it, regularly. For me, Top 5 of all time list. Desert island stuff.

I was selling that record in the Wherehouse record store forty years ago, we played it every day.

Marc Roy

I wasn't into Fleetwood Mac when I was a kid but I sure do appreciate them now. They released some timeless stuff during their heyday. This album is proof of it.

Released 40 years ago, today. As a kid, this record was a staple in my house and it had a very profound influence on me. I still listen to it, regularly. For me, Top 5 of all time list. Desert island stuff.

Incredible record that is even more incredible considering the environment is was recorded in. And then when you consider that brilliant songs like Silver Springs and Planets of the Universe didn't make the album.....

I love the Super Deluxe version with the demos and different takes and songs that evolved into others. Absolute masterpiece

lp_bruce

Silver Supporting Member
It's one of the those records that doesn't have a poor tune on it.

It will still be just as great in another 40 years.
I think it's a great album, but I have to admit I tend to skip all the Christine McVie tunes.

Peace,

Bluesful

Silver Supporting Member
Christine McVie tunes
I love her tunes. Songbird is beautiful.

So glad she is backing touring with them. I was lucky enough to see them in late 2015, it poured with rain, everyone was drenched and it just added to the atmosphere. One of my favourite shows of all time.

Last edited:

lp_bruce

Silver Supporting Member
I love her tunes. Songbird is beautiful.

So glad she is backing touring with them. I was lucky enough to see them in late 2015, it poured with rain, everyone was drenched and it just added to the atmosphere. One of may favourite shows of all time.
I think it's great that she connects with you (as she does with many). She just doesn't doesn't connect with me.

Peace,

Tommy Biggs

Silver Supporting Member
I thought this was about that song, which I love.
Fun to play. Great feel, nice movement.
Having lived through the era when that record was everywhere, that song was a lot less prevalent. Maybe that's why I like it best...

RoryGfan

I was in my late-20's when this one came out. We had been waiting for it and were not disappointed. We knew about the stories within the band and the music on the album. Along with winning the Grammy Award for Album of the Year in 1978, the album has sold over 45 million copies worldwide, making it one of the best-selling albums of all time. Rumours has received diamond certifications in several countries, including the US, Canada, and Australia. It was a monster.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom