Reliablefender parting out Custom Classics on the Bay

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by StanG, Dec 25, 2009.

1. StanG

StanG Member

Fender or someone must have dumped a load of these as reliable fender is offering custom shop custom classic tele bodies (Probably the other parts as I well, but I didnt look). Two thoughts: 1) a lot to pay for a body, but not that far out of line for a premium finished body from one of the usual vendors; and 2) Fender or some dealers have decided to reduce inventory by dumping a load of these.

2. PixMix

PixMix Member

It has been discussed here before... Yeah, who knows what's going on, but that seems a really huge amount of parts.

3. grapeshot

grapeshot Supporting Member

That dude parts out everything, to include new stuff that hasn't had time to hit the used market. He has a few "Sonic Youth" JMs that he is just took the necks off and is selling them separate from the loaded bodies. What is the point of that? It makes me mad when he parts out rare Custom Shop shop stuff or vintage guitars, but whatever. I just choose never to buy from him... EVER.

4. Giraffecaster

Giraffecaster Member

I believe the guy behind reliable fender/stratosphere it is Matt Gibney

5. vintage66

vintage66 Member

Is that supposed to ring a bell? I've thought about buying a case on there but with shipping it ends up being not much of a bargain usually.