• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

Relicing Run Amok

hawkeye17

Hey...I guess someone must be buying them if they're making them. I can appreciate the hours of time it takes to make something that looks like it's been dragged behind a deadhead's Volkswagon Bus since 1968, but jeez...the prices. And that example is mild compared to some others I've seen. Oh well...different strokes I guess.

buddastrat

Oh man, that is the COOLEST heavy relic I've seen. I don't think they're going for authenticity, the green guard just adds to the obnoxious, rudeness that guitar's got going on. It truly looks like it wants to kill yo' mama. They really made that look amazing. I love how Fender does their frets, they run em out full. and a nice fat, soft V. Just too bad on the price.

I just want that neck!

AaeCee

Silver Supporting Member
Yup, pull out the 'ol dead horse for a bit more beating....

Anyway, all of those relics look cozy to me.

Like lying on a comfortable well worn sofa, in your softest, most beat up jeans.

gmann

Oh man, that is the COOLEST heavy relic I've seen. I don't think they're going for authenticity, the green guard just adds to the obnoxious, rudeness that guitar's got going on. It truly looks like it wants to kill yo' mama. They really made that look amazing. I love how Fender does their frets, they run em out full. and a nice fat, soft V. Just too bad on the price.

I just want that neck!
Lots of guys around that can do a neck like that. It does look cool IMO.

Sean French

Silver Supporting Member
I think it looks good compared to many other relics.
I dig the "dirty" fingerboard.

Personally, I wouldn't buy it for that crazy money. 2K maybe.:p

Fender Relic's look great... But the quality to price ratio doesn't match up the same thing goes for gibson... you can get a suhr or anderson guitar in the same ball park price range and have a 1000X better quality guitar.

Trending Topics