Remember hidden tracks on cd's?

dirk_benedict

Silver Supporting Member
Another bit of collateral damage from the end of physical music media...Think of all the fun the kids of today are missing out on!

I'm blanking on some of the more memorable ones now though..haha..

STP second album?

4inchjones

Kerosene Hat. If I recall, there were at least two or three hidden tracks, and they were further hidden among 99 actual CD tracks, most of which were a few seconds long. Fun stuff.

Bleakstreak

Or... Endless grooves at the end of a record. I have one from the 90's that has an endless groove of a rainstorm at the end of the second side.

ModdersAnon

Song 66 on Danzig 4. Evil, creepy and backwards vocals....Perfect for scaring away door-to-door salesmen and Jehovah's witnesses.

Clean Channel

I used to like 'em when they were hidden at the end of tapes. You'd never know if there was one there unless you let it play out.

The CD thing seemed like an awkward extension of that idea, as the last track would keep running, so you'd know there was a hidden track coming.

Misterbulbous

Didn't Tool have a few (or one?). I'm scratching my head as well. I remember a few '90's CD's where there would be about 13 minutes of silence followed by the "hidden" track.

lestera34

Silver Supporting Member
My favorite was the Cheech and (absent from recording) Chong song on the Korn "Follow the Leader" album.

Hallogallo

Didn't Tool have a few (or one?). I'm scratching my head as well. I remember a few '90's CD's where there would be about 13 minutes of silence followed by the "hidden" track.

Track 99 on Undertow. "Today is harvest day, and for them, it is the HOLOCAUST" or something like that.

NIN's Broken had two hidden tracks too. I believe they were "Suck" by Pigface and "Physical" by Adam Ant.

Serious Poo