Remember the Dwight Twilley Band?

DustyRhodesJr

Love them.

I have all of their 70's albums on vinyl.

Shame they were not bigger, I thought early on Twilley would be as big as Springsteen
or Petty.

54GT

Gold Supporting Member
was a big fan, amazingly good songs, vocals, hooks. thought they were going to take off.

ChampReverb

Gold Supporting Member
Dwight Tilley and Tom a Petty came out at about the same time and got lumped together a bit for awhile.

-bEn r.

gravy

he`s still out there doing stuff - pretty sure him and petty were on the shelter label. there is a bootleg floating around of him interpreting beatles tunes i`ve come across as well - worth searching for!

StratoCraig

Never really listened to Twilley, but I remember seeing his ex-partner Phil Seymour when he was the opening act on Alice Cooper's Special Forces tour in '81.

fjblair

Gold Supporting Member
My little brother had the album with "I'm on Fire", had to be one of his very first albums.

I remember reading a lengthy article on Twilley in Creem magazine (remember that?) on whether or not he was creepy or not. Most useless article of all time. I was hoping for some actual interview questions and actual substantial information, not a weird screed on how he gave you the creeps because he resembled your older brothers' best friend.

Baxtercat

Silver Supporting Member
Well, one hit wonder is why.
Great hit too, c/b on the Power Pop thread.
Used to remind me of this Kirwan tune, nearly the same era.

DrumBob

Platinum Supporting Member
"I'm On Fire" is such a great tune. I thought Twilley would be huge, but it never happened for him. A shame.

'56 Merc

Tom Petty sings on this song. Had Tickets to see him at the Paramount in Seattle back then but his mother died or something and the canceled the tour.

Trending Topics