• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Remember Tiffany?

DanR

In the 80s? Gibson had multiple videos on MTV. She even appeared on Club MTV, Week in Rock, etc.
I must not have watched much MTV then. My kids were glued to Nickelodeon which was where I first saw Debbie Gibson. "Shake Your Love" was a video that played on Nickelodeon a lot.

A-Bone

Montonero, MOY, Multitudes
Platinum Supporting Member
I must not have watched much MTV then. My kids were glued to Nickelodeon which was where I first saw Debbie Gibson. "Shake Your Love" was a video that played on Nickelodeon a lot.
I'm sure it did. It seems like a natural for their video show(s) aimed at kids.

And I watched more than enough MTV for the both of us.

tonyhay

I don't know what's going on in that video. I saw her at Epcot about 5 years ago, and she was really good. Entertaining, sounded great, had a great band. Nothing like that video.

guitarlix

I just watched an old Jetsons movie with my kids and it had this really great track with Tiffany on it.

She sounds great - slightly off key here and there....but I think that's what gives the song appeal. She's got a 'raw' voice - don't hear this on radio anymore.

cyrusj

Like most things decaying in todays society, she , for me represents the decay of modern rock music. A continum of medicrity that went back as far as the Archies. Its the beginning for corporations taking over, dominating and ruing the art of creative music.. A dime a dozen character should have never been in a postion to receive such adualtion.
The degeneracy started way way before "Tiffany". Like many other things the downfall of our society (including music and mass media) started after WW2. It's difficult to find any pop or rock music that isn't subversive wank astroturfed by rich people. Even the "rebellious" and "organic" stuff like Nirvana and RATM is astroturfed subversive wank.

jiml

Silver Supporting Member
Children behave.

We all have had our bad moments, mine rarely surface to public exposure levels.

FPFL

Silver Supporting Member
dunking on bad live performances has become an unhealthy obsession on music web sites. it clearly generates a lot of hits.
insert vince neil once a month, wes puddle of mud person, etc.

Jerrod

Gold Supporting Member
The degeneracy started way way before "Tiffany". Like many other things the downfall of our society (including music and mass media) started after WW2. It's difficult to find any pop or rock music that isn't subversive wank astroturfed by rich people. Even the "rebellious" and "organic" stuff like Nirvana and RATM is astroturfed subversive wank.
Incidentally, what's that nonsense in your avatar?

Evilution

I hope not... she looks pregnant.
She is a bit on the old side for that.... sounds like any old hoarse granny trying to sing karaoke, just wow. It was never my type of music, but i do at least remember her by name and look from the 80´s, i was born the same year. Came across another video from 3 years ago and while she started way flat it sounded at least fairly decent later on, nothing like this.

Tommy Von Voigt

Silver Supporting Member
I just watched an old Jetsons movie with my kids and it had this really great track with Tiffany on it.

She sounds great - slightly off key here and there....but I think that's what gives the song appeal. She's got a 'raw' voice - don't hear this on radio anymore.
She is also the voice of Judy Jetson in that movie

Top Bottom