• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Remove vocals and guitars from mp4?

tele118

Quick question, is it possible to remove the vocal tracks and guitar tracks from songs (mp4). I'm talking about already made songs by bands. I like playing covers at home during free time, and think it would be more fun without the guitar in place already. Also, no, I don't have a band to play with, I can't record the other parts on my own (don't own a drum set or a bass), and my chances of finding band members willing to do covers for the songs I like would be slim. Any programs I could use?

Lucidology

Silver Supporting Member
If you have an iPad or iPhone .. get the Midi 3.0 app ..
You get many of your favorite songs in the midi format and the easily eliminate the lead lines (vocals) and guitar pads and play along easily ...
It's an incredible app ... can't tell you how cool and how much fun it is ...

There are hundreds of places you can find Midis of your favorite tunes for free or purchase them ....

You can answer mix these down in any way you'd prefer ...
so you're not just limited to how the midi originally comes to you

saneff

Silver Supporting Member
Get the jammit app on your iPad or iPhone. It does what you want. But the songs you download are not free. The app is free.

Also, and maybe even better because its free, is guitarbackingtrack.com. Many of the backing tracks have the vocals removed.

Hackubus

jammybastard nailed it. Get the guitar pro tabs, mute the guitar tracks & jam along.

You can even export the bass & drum tab lines into midi, upload into your DAW of choice & create your own backing tracks.

Here's what I did...

Get Guitar Pro.
http://www.guitar-pro.com/en/index.php

Then go to http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/
There are TONS of free GuitarPro files there for every genre.
Search for a song and download the free the "Guitar Pro Tab" version of the song.

Load it into Guitar Pro and jam out.
this...I was in a band with no drummer and we used to do this, click off the guitars, bass, and run the drum/vocal melody/keys through a P.A...worked great

have you seen this site
http://www.guitarbackingtrack.com/

BlackZeppelin

Quick question, is it possible to remove the vocal tracks and guitar tracks from songs (mp4). I'm talking about already made songs by bands. I like playing covers at home during free time, and think it would be more fun without the guitar in place already. Also, no, I don't have a band to play with, I can't record the other parts on my own (don't own a drum set or a bass), and my chances of finding band members willing to do covers for the songs I like would be slim. Any programs I could use?
Yes, there is software that can do this, with varying degrees of success - R-Mix in the new Sonar X2, I think Melodyne can do it, and there others.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom