Removing chassis from Tech 21 Trademark

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by zeffbeff, Mar 16, 2015.

1. zeffbeff

zeffbeff Member

I just bought an old used Tech 21 Trademark 10. I just want the Sansamp lurking inside; I have no need or want for the cabinet.

The chassis came out very easily. The manual, of course, says DO NOT REMOVE THE CHASSIS OR YOU'LL DIE.

How dangerous would it be to re-house this chassis? I'd like to have it on my gear shelf, next to all my other studio gear. Suggestions for re-housing it?

I assume the only danger would be in touching the insides of the chassis while it's on, right? I mean, you can touch the chassis while it's in the cab, after all:

[​IMG]

2. tele_jas

tele_jas Member

Yeah, don't mess with those wires (other than the speaker wires).

My singer put his Tech 21 chassis inside a 4x12 on the bottom half. He pulled out the two bottom speakers, gutted it some, put some wooden rails inside it (to support the chassis) and put a valance on it that looked pretty cool. He left the two top speakers and basically has an upside down 2x12 combo. Has used it like that for the past 4 years.

3. zeffbeff

zeffbeff Member

OK cool, so as long as the insides are never touched, the chassis can't hurt me, right? I'm thinking of just attaching some wood panels to the sides and creating a little shelf unit.

4. tomsy49

tomsy49 Member

LEt me know what you do with this cause i plan on doing the same thing with mine since i don't use the speaker and the reverb module doesn't work.

5. andyk

andyk Supporting Member

The outside chassis wont hurt you since you always touch the outside when the amp is on.

6. tomsy49

tomsy49 Member

Can you take some more pictures of the chassis? I won't be around my amp for awhile so i wanted to see if i can take off the metal where the speaker wires and power cord runs through and the ?transformer? is bolted to? If i could reduce the size enough i might be able to fit it on my pedalboard!

7. tomsy49

tomsy49 Member

ZEFF... Did you ever do anything with the trademark 10?